cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error coming in DP to SNP release- There are no plannable characteristic combinations-/SAPAPO/TSM230

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to release forecast for a single product location from DP to SNP. While releasing the demand, an error comes as -

There are no plannable characteristic combinations

Message no. /SAPAPO/TSM230

Diagnosis

You have selected characteristic values that are not included in an existing characteristic value combination.  Therefore you can not plan data for these values.

Procedure

First create characteristic value combinations for the master planning object structure on which the planning area is based. You do this in S&DP Administration by choosing Maintain char. combinations from the context menu. For more information on characteristic value combinations, see the SAP Library for Demand Planning under Demand Planning Process -> Master Data Setup.

Moreover, when I go to MC62 to display CVC, and give the selection for APO product and APO location, the result shows 'zero' combinations. However, if I remove the selection and execute, I can see the CVCs existing.

The same issue comes while loading selection in planning book using APO grouping condition as 'APO product' and input as APO product. The result does not show any object selected.

Also, the product location is defined in SNP in active version.

I have referred the link - http://scn.sap.com/thread/654202 to understand the situation.

I have ran all consistency check also. I can not delete the CVCs created because to that that, when I put the selection (as mentioned above), I dont get the results.

Any pointer would be of great help.

Regards

Manotosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manotosh,

It might be due to the 0 padding in front of product or location numbers. Use t.codes /SAPAPO/MAT1 and /SAPAPO/LOC3 to get the proper product and location numbers respectively and use them to query the CVC using t.code /SAPAPO/MC62. If it does not return any valid CVC, then you need to correct your CVC appropriately.

The following thread might give some info - http://scn.sap.com/thread/1629617

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I tried giving * before and after the product name in the selection for CVC display. It shows the CVC(but not all the relevant CVCs). However, when I click on the 'internal format' button, the internal format is not padded with leading zeros. Hence the internal and external formats are same.

In the SPRO settings, for output format of product, the check box for 'Leading zeros' is not selected.

Another reference for my situation is that, the product name (not the description) contains blank spaces, e.g. 'ABC DEF'

I am not facing this issue where there is no blank spaces in the product names.

Regards

Manotosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The issue was because of the blank spaces in the product name. I tested after removing the blank spaces and it worked well.

Regards

Manotosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manotosh,

Could you please try one more thing.

Go to /sapapo/mc62

Click on Display characteristics

In plac eof giving apo product say 'abc' give *abc* and then try if it displays the CVC or not.

Regards,

Anurag