cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading characteristic value combinations with ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to extract existing characteristic value combinations from DP planning area. I'm aware that the combinations are stored in infocube that is named after master planning object structure used in the planning area. I've tried to read contents of the infocube with function module RSDRI_INFOPROV_READ, all my attempts have failed because function throws exception CX_NO_HANDLER_EXCEPTION. I presume that this error is somehow related to another error that I get when I try to execute this function in SE37 (Error generating the test frame). I've also tried using function RSDRI_INFOPROV_READ_RFC, this function works with all cubes that are not used for storing master planning object structure. I assume that this is caused by open write requests in these infocubes. I've also tried using planning book BAPI (function BAPI_PBSRVAPS_GETDETAIL2), but this function returns each character of every combination as a separate row in an internal table (which is not very handy).

I can read combinations directly from dimension table of the infocube, but this is rather cumbersome because table contains keys for combinations that have already been deleted from planning area. It also requires lot of SID conversions and other processing. Is there any other way to extract characteristic value combinations?

We are using SCM 5.0.

Regards,

Pirkka

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pirka,

None of InfoCube API (BAPI or FM or Classes) work on Planning Area in spite of both sharing same technical architecture (at least at high level).

You may try the method QUERY in class /SAPAPO/CL_SE_DP_CVC. You may also refer function modules

1. /SAPAPO/TS_PLOB_LIST_GET
  2. /SAPAPO/TS_PLOB_LIST_GET_BY_ID

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Function /SAPAPO/TS_PLOB_LIST_GET solved my problem. Thank you very much!

Regards,

Pirkka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Your reply helped me a lot and I can get my data using FM /SAPAPO/TS_PLOB_LIST_GET.

But now, I want to use Class /SAPAPO/CL_SE_DP_CVC, I am getting issue in instanciating my class.

I am having my MPOS name, but how can I find the DPS ID, required ny class constructor.

My question may be silly, in fact I am new to DP.

It will be great, if you can help me.

Thanking You All..!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Provided DPS ID must be present in table /SAPAPO/DPSMAP. If the table is empty, then there are no preconfigured demand planning scenarios in your system. Check out the link below, especially chapter "Use Case 1: Setting Up SAP Demand Planning Using Enterprise Services".

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ESpackages/Demand+Planning

Regards,

Pirkka

Answers (0)