cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retest due materials (09) are not falling into quality inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

After the expiry of the next inspection date, 09 inspection lots are not getting generated. This is happening only for 1 material. I have checked material master and 09 inspection type is activated.

There are 3 batches for this material. According to the date of production, 2 batches are expired but the end user has changed the expiry date manually in MSC2N long before. After running QA05 or QA07, Inspection lots (09) are not generating. If we think that this material is already expired based on date of production entered while doing GR, the third batch is not yet expired based on GR production date. Even the third batch is not falling into QI. It would be really helpful for me if you let me know the possible reasons so that I can look into it.

Thanks,

NW

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a thought of another possibility!

If physical inventory is carried at your end, check that any physical inventory document is open for these batches of this material. If physical inventory document is open, check in MSC3N transaction for these batches the indicator for goods movement. If it is blocked then in that case these batches will not be consider for QA05/QA07 background job which might have happen in your case.

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I have checked this possibility what you have mentioned and there is no physical inventory open for all these batches. It would be great if you can let me know the other possibilities.

Thanks,

NW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the status of this material at client level or plant level lock is maintained in recent period

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I have tried all possible options to sort it out from my end. We debugged and found that QA07 is passing the next inspection date only when the phys. ind. block  is blank. Only when it is blank, it was coded in such a way. It's not passing when it is X or A. Can you let me know when exactly the phys. inv. block status changes to X (Material is Blocked) or A (Physical inventory not yet completed for material) and let me know what I have to do to solve this issue. There is no MI01 or MI10 done for this material. No idea why that physical inventory block is in A mode. Hoping for a solution to solve this issue.

Thanks,

NW

Former Member
0 Kudos

In MI24 transaction put this material,batch,plant and check the status. It will show you the phy. inv. count status. Consult to your MM consultatnt and do the required steps.

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem is solved after clearing those open documents. Thank you very much. So the physical inv. block in the batch must be blank.

Regards,

NW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Happy to see that your problem is resolved. These kind of issues are critical for which we search through routine process and the problems are at somewhere at other end. Happy SAPing.

Regards

Vivek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There could be two ways to solve this:

1 If it was  working fine for same bacthes in past : then check control indicators in QA07 & initail run in days.

2.If it never worked fine ,then I would suggest to check/test the same in other system with same parameters with different bacthes in QA07.Explore all possibilities right from new production date ,new expiry & new next inspection date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

All the 3 batches have gone for recurring inspection before and i have checked the control indicator and initial run in days but couldn't trace out the issue. Actually the expiry date is 31.08.2015 and the next inspection date is 16.09.2012. Please let me know if there are any possibilities so that i can explore on this issue.

Thanks,

NW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now only one thing that remains is debug & check what expiry date & next inspection date system is picking( old one or replaced one !)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

I have tried all possible options to sort it out from my end. We debugged and found that QA07 is passing the next inspection date only when the phys. ind. block  is blank. Only when it is blank, it was coded in such a way. It's not passing when it is X or A. Can you let me know when exactly the phys. inv. block status changes to X (Material is Blocked) or A (Physical inventory not yet completed for material) and let me know what I have to do to solve this issue. There is no MI01 or MI10 done for this material. No idea why that physical inventory block is in A mode. Hoping for a solution to solve this issue.

Thanks,

NW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Consult will MM person whether this material is marked for physical inventory and not completed yet.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Inspection lot for 09 type is generated when next inspection date is crossed but not the expiry date.

If the expiry date is crossed then lot is not generated, rather batch status changes to restricted if batch status management is active.

AR

Former Member
0 Kudos

correct !

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for your response. All the 3 batches I have mentioned in the earlier post has crossed the next inspection date. Out of 3 batches, 2 of them has expired based on date of production but expiry date has been changed manually by the user in batch. The third batch has not been expired and it has crossed the next inspection date but the lot is not generated. Kindly suggest the other mistakes which could lead to this problem.

Thanks,

NW

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It would be great if you can specify Next inspection date and expiry date for all these 3 batches.

After date of production system calculates these dates in background and updates in batch master. If you change in MSC2N then also no issues, as QA07 considers the run time dates maintained in MSC2N. I mean system considers the latest dates you updated manually in batch master.

The only this I am worried about, where these batches are currently lying? In unrestricted, QI or in block? What are the status of each batch? I think if the batch is in unrestricted then only system generates the lot when you run QA07

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand.

Out of three batches, couple of them are having expiry date as 31.03.2015 and next inspection date as 16.09.2012 and the other batch is having expiry date as 31.03.2015 and the next inspection date as 16.07.2011. All the 3 batches are lying in unrestricted stock with 09 inspection type activated.

Thanks,

NW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your Next inspection dates, system should post the batches to QI stock and should have triggered09 inspection lots.

Again I am saying that you please check the indicator for physical inventory block in MSC3N by inputting material,plant,batch and storage location Also check that the background job of QA05 is running through which user ID? If it is through BackJob user then no issue. but if it is running through in any end users ID, check the authorization for 322 movement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for your response. I have checked all the three batches before and none of them are in blocked stage. In fact 2 of the 3 batches are in A mode (Physical inventory not yet completed for material) and the remaining one batch is in blank mode. So I don't see that physical inventory blocked problem (X) over here.

Thanks,

NW