WSAECONNRESET:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,  

I am getting the following error:

Please advice me how to correct:

background:

I am a SAP SD Consultant:

Working on external hard drive through VM ware on windows 7.

Please let me know the steps to be taken in bit detailed, as I dont have any system administrator, so I have to solve it on my own 🙂

I have checked the forum, but little information, I got which is not solving my problem. Any updates on it please ?

Thanks in advance,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Return code 10054 means"connection reset by peer" is a clear indication
for a network problem as this error is thrown by the operating system.

On Windows this can be caused by
- a physicaly interupted connection (network cable pulled out or a
defective NIC/switch/bridge/router) or
- a network timeout caused by a firewall dropping packets (e.g. after an
idle timeout).
- a black hole router

I suggest to run two tests between an affected client and the server:

Note 500235 (3b)
Note 155147 (3.)

Regards,

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

As you mentioned physicaly interupted connection: Let me clarify, I have neither pulled the cable out or switching off the external hard drive.

How to switch off the firewall ? could you please suggest, for which I follow the same way.

Regards,
Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since the VMware is configured for SAP R/3, it is most likely the setting has been there alright. But your problem may be originated from wrong network configuration. Please give us your IP configuration for local computer & the vmware. and please add the network config of your VMware( is it bridged or NAT).

Regards, Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the delayed response from end. it is bridged. now should I enter the IP  address for local computer and vmware.

for the VMware, where should I check the IP.

if clarified will be great.

Regards,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is simple when it comes to bridged config. Just make sure they are in the same network.

the goal here is to make them in the same subnet. so whether the virtual server follow the local ip or the local ip follow the virtual config is up to you.

if you share the virtual server ip addr and subnet, I can give you the local ip for the bridged local adapter..

I recommend to add loopback adapter and bridge the vm to it. make sure they stay in same network. disable the loopback whenever you are not working with the vm.

Regards, Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

what you do before receive this error? This is network error. First check firewall settings on host where SAP system installed.

Regards

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

I am customizing a new SD Cycle. The SAP system is installed on external hard drive and connect via VM Ware.

Now to change the firewall settings, exctly where should I change this firewall setting?

Should I do it on Windows 7 the main computer ?

Or

On the windows 2005 server (Vertual one)?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the network in the VM & maincomputer:

ping each another from cmd.

the SAP is running? check SAP MMC