cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFQ Shopping Cart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sap gurus,

Can anyone clarify what is RFQ shopping cart. Is RFQ SC and Wizard based(4-step) SC same?

As per my knowledge I know Simplified SC, One-Step SC, Wizard Based(4-Step) SC, Limitation SC and  Free text SC

How to create this RFQ shopping cart and what is the functionality of  RFQ SC.

One thing i know about RFQ sc is for this kind of sc there is no PO creation...

Thanks and Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As mentioned above, this is a new functionality of SRM 7.02.

You can create an RFx from a shopping cart with the status Awaiting Approval or Saved for quick quotes. This allows you to start the shopping cart approval process and the RFx creation process simultaneously.

By triggering RFx directly from the shopping cart (prior to Sourcing), stakeholders will know the approximate value of a shopping cart before approving.

When an employee orders a shopping cart, it appears in the purchaser's universal worklist (UWL) provided completion workflow is setup. The purchaser can then create an RFx directly from the Item Overview tab of the shopping cart.

If purchaser creates a shopping cart, then RFx creation from SC is available in „Saved‟ status also.

Purchasers can receive RFx responses, but no RFx responses can be accepted until a shopping cart has been approved. Purchasers can update the value of a shopping cart based on the RFx responses before the shopping cart is approved.

The purchaser is notified once a shopping cart has been approved. A work item is then available in the purchaser's worklist with a link to the RFx.

Regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ricardo,

We are implementing use of quick quote /RFx in SRM 7.02 classic scenario.

As you mention the purchaser can create RFx and update shopping cart based on RFx response while cart is in awaiting approver or saved status.

You mention 'purchaser is notified once cart is approved. A work item is then available in purchaser worklist with link to RFx.'

By purchasers worklist do you mean Purchaser query ?

How did you set up the Purchaser notification upon cart approval ?

We are looking for a recommended or convenient way for buyer to know when Cart with RFx has been approved & is ready for RFx award & PO create.

Thanks in advance for guidance on this.

Kim

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This would occur when purchaser creates the cart. Once cart is approved, a notification would be visible in UWL (sorry, not purchaser worklist).
You can define the recipient of notifications in SPRO -> SRM Server -> event and event schema for alert management -> define recipient of notifications.

Here you can customize the notification to bent upon cart approval.

Regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for quick response.

We do currently have config set so that request of cart receives notification when cart is approved, however in our RFx scenario the Buyer is not the requester, they receive the cart as first approver when it's RFx relevant ( zero dollar value ). From here they submit for RFx once RFx response is received they update price and approve.

I was looking for an email to buyer (purchasing group) assigned to cart once cart approved, but only for RFx carts.... we will look into event and event schema for alert management  to see if we can define this in a schema..

For initial deployment we are going to have the buyers go to Sourcing query to monitor Approval of RFx carts, and once cart status is Approved they can Accept RFX and issue PO.

I'm wondering if you have experienced any issues concerning Carts with RFX being approved prior to buyer updating price based on Rfx response.

I can see the potential of buyer requesting RFx, cart proceeds on approval routing & get's approved prior to price update based on RFX. At this point the buyer can then no longer update price.

Have you see this scenario ? is there any way to prevent cart going to Approved status when RFx response / price update is still pending ?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

With SRM 7.02, you have the option to create quick quote from shopping cart. Basically, you are creating a RFQ, while you are in the SC. Both will be in the draft version, until you get the quote back and award.