cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.31 AEX Integrated scenario with no mapping? how?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings

Hopefully someone can help with this issue. My goal is to have an RFC module from SAP, exposed as SOAP webservice in SAP PI through the service registry as a pass through scenario - so NO mapping.

Our partner system will call the webservice on SAP PI 7.31 AEX. It is a syncrounous call.

The RFC is imported in SWCV and a service interface is created pointing to that RFC: SI_CREATE_CUSTOMER, namespace: urn:erp:create

Sender system: WEBportal

Sender method: SOAP WS

Receiver system SAP ERP

receiver method. RFC

Repository:

SWCV: SWCV_erp

Namespace: urn:erp:create

Imported object RFC_CREATE_CUSTOMER

Service interface: SI_CREATE_CUSTOMER (from the RFC_CREATE_CUSTOMER)

Directory:

CC are setup, SOAP_SENDER and RFC_ERP_RECEIVER.

Integrated Scenario:

Sender comm component: WEBportal

Interface: SI_CREATE_CUSTOMER

namespace: urn:erp:create

INBOUND:

comm channel: CC_SOAP_SENDER

RECEIVER:

SAPERP

RECEIVER INTERFACES:

Receiver: SAPERP

Operation mapping: none

name: SI_CREATE_CUSTOMER

Namespave: urn:erp:create

Swcv: SWCV_erp

OUTBOUND PROCESSING:

Comm channel: RFC_ERP_RECEIVER

Problem is that this is not working! Somehow we are not getting any parameters passed TO SAP ERP, but the webservice returns an errortext FROM SAPERP in RETURN. So the direction from SAP ERP to SAP PI is working, but not from SAP PI to SAP ERP?

If I create a mapping program for request and return it works fine (after specifying that in RECEIVER INTERFACES), but I do not want any mapping program, since no mapping is required (sender and receiver are identical).

Please help. Points will be promptly rewarded.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby,

you NEED a mapping program(1:1) because of the namespace. If you look at the input and output of the mapping you see that the namespace declaration looks a bit different. But it is not a big deal, 5 minutes. So what?

Regards,

Udo

Fabricio
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same issue.

I'm importing the RFC in both Software Components: Source System (SOAP) and target system (RFC)

In both interfaces the namespace is the same:  xmlns:urn="urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions

But no values is passed to target XML message if I use no message mapping, in PI version 7.0 this configuration works but in AEX, doesn't work

Regards

Fabricio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would also say that if you've tested the process with a mapping program and it raised no error is not possible to do it without a mapping program.

Cheers,

Edu

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>My goal is to have an RFC module from SAP, exposed as SOAP webservice in SAP PI through the service registry as a pass through scenario - so NO mapping.

Our partner system will call the webservice on SAP PI 7.31 AEX. It is a syncrounous call.

if this is a sync scenario why do you want it on PI ?

a) it will not be visible in PI anyway (if successful)

b) it will be slower via PI then without

c) you can generate a WS from RFC in SE37 and expose the WS in the service registry

>>>If I create a mapping program for request and return it works fine (after specifying that in RECEIVER INTERFACES), but I do not want any mapping program, since no mapping is required (sender and receiver are identical).

if you tested that I'd say it's not possible to do it without the mapping then,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk