cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shop-order specific routing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we want to modify ERP-ME shop order integration to always create a shop-order specific routing on receiving a new shop order. According to web service guide for ME 6.0 it should be possible to set router type to H (shop order specific routing). However, in ME activity routing maintenance in drop down field for routing type there is no option for "shop order specific".

Does it mean that this router type can only be set via web service? And it can not be tested manually?

What is the effect when declaring a router as "shop-order specific"?

Best regards

Ulrike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Ulrike,

SFC-specific and SO-specific routers are kind of Dynamic Routers - thus you cannot create them in Router Maintenance. SFC-specific router can be created by means of Dynamic Routing Maintenance.

So far I know only one way to set H type to the router - it is the Web Service.

SO-specific router can be assigned to only one SO, and it will be archived along with SO.

Regards,

Sergiy

0 Kudos

I guess you can view all routers in Routing Maintenance, though you cannot create SO-specific router there.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex, Sergiy,

thanks for your answers.

I have two more questions regarding shop-order specific routing and shop order specific BOM

1.) Is functionality of shop-order specific routings the same as for production routings?

2.) Are shop-order specific BOMs also beeing archived along with shop order?

best regards

Ulrike

0 Kudos

Yes to both.

Regards,

Sergiy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe this could be reported as a bug.

Shop Order specific routings were retrievable in the GUI in version 5.2 and I see it is also in 6.1 Beta, so it should be in the 6.0 GUI also.

However, SAP ME INT won't create type H routings out of the box. Rather, it will creating a routing whose name is prefixed with the shoporder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

but it is possible to modify SAPMEINT to create a routing per shop order, ID prefixed with SO number and routing type H, right?

best regards

Ulrike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can do this in the interface. The GUI in 6.0 won't resolve the routing type H to "Shoporder Specific", it will just display H in the browse.

0 Kudos

Hi Ulrike,

As far as I know you should not be able to retrieve Shop Order specific Routing in Routing Maintenace (the same, let say, for Shop Order specific BOM in BOM Maintenance).

An ERP Order will use its specific Routing though you do not see it in GUI.

Regards,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

by now ME 6.1 can handle shop order specific BOMs via ERP-ME Interface. I also find a note for shop order specific Routings  in SAP ME online help.

But shop order specific Routings are still not created via MEINT. I changed router type to "h" (shop order router) in Default Value Maintenance, but setting is ignored.

I expect the same result as for shop order BOMs, that means:

- Router name contains order number

- Routing is created for each shop order

Do I misunderstand ME online help and shop order Routings can not be created via Interface?

Or do I miss a further ME setting for Integration?

Regards,

Anke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anke,

First of all, Default Value Maintenance is not taken into account by SAPMEINT because Webservices do not respect Default Value Maintenance but only legacy DataXchange interface does.

Second, as the online help states, by default Routing is created as a master data that means not  order-specific. In a special case, when a new routing differs from the master routing, an order-specific routing is created by SAPMEINT.

However, if you need to change a default behavior to switch from prodution type to shop order specific type, you should update PorductionOrderRequest*.XSLT (depending on which installation of SAPMEINT you are using) to populate RouterType tag with "H" instead of "U".

Regards,
Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, Default Value Maintenance is used by Webservices. When you do not send the field(s) with the object in your webservice, the values set in default value maintenance are used.

0 Kudos

But it should not - SAP Note 1790466. And I do not see any other Notes about changes to this behavior.