Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in RFC call: Error when opening an RFC connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to Adobe Interactive form.

I installed Adobe live cycle designer and try to create demo form.

But I am not able to activate the form. While I am trying to activate it, it shows the error "Error in RFC call: Error when opening an RFC connection (CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPOCMINIT' : cmrc=19 thRc=6".

It seems the problem should be in RFC connection.

So I test the RFC connection of SAPOSS in SM59. Following image is the connection test of SAPOSS.

Please advice me to solve this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sandeep_katoch
Contributor
0 Kudos

It is only to deal with the basis team. Ask them to check the configuration required for Adobe forms.

If you are getting the same error while executing the report FP_PDF_TEST_00 then your configurations are not correct.

May be you can ask the basis team to once again do the configuration for ADS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPOSS is not used when working with ADS. SAPOSS is used to make a call to SAP, for example when downloading notes. You are getting that error because the router string is incorrect, but this isn't why ADS isn't working.

For ADS, look in SM59 under HTTP Connections to External Server. There should be an RFC connection named ADS. Please verify settings. Path prefix should be: /AdobeDocumentServices/Config?style=rpc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jake,

I undestood what you are saying but there is no field called path but there is fields called gateway options.

Gateway Host : nplhost

Gateway service : sapgw42

I am totally new to this. Please advice me more clearly.

Thanks,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh,

What is the connection type and name of the RFC connection you are looking at? You should be looking at ADS and not SAPOSS. SAPOSS is not relevant for the ADS config.

The hostname should be pointing to the ADS server.

-Jake

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jake,

I am looking in ADS only.

Following are my techinical settings :

COnnection type : T

Activation type : Registered server program

Registered server program : (Empty field)

Start type of external program : Default gateway value

CPI-C Timeout : Defaul gateway value

Gateway Options :

Gateway Host : nplhost

Gateway service : sapgw42

Thanks,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The connection type should be G. The Target Host should point to the ADS server. The Service No. is the port, for example 50000. And the path prefix is /AdobeDocumentServices/Config?style=rpc.

On the Logon & Security tab, you need to enter a user, "ADSUSER", and password. That user should be part of the ADSCALLERS group on the ADS system.

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

You should talk to your BASIS team to fix this issue.

They shall configure the destination in SM59 properly which should fix this issue.

Also, run the program 'FP_PDF_TEST_00' in SE38 to test the connection.

If you get any error, let the BASIS team handle it.

I hope you have the following in place before you start using ADOBE on SAP:

1. 'SAP GUI for Windows•6.40 GUI: make sure that Designer is installed and check on your hard drive. 2. Default location:C:\Program Files\Adobe\Designer 7.1.•Make sure latest 6.40 GUI patches are installed (LiveCycleDesigner 7.1 requirement).

3. Adobe Reader 7.0 (used to be Acrobat Reader), incl. update to 7.0.8'

Reward if useful.

Thanks

BR

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thanks for your reply.

I got the same error while i am trying to execute the program "FP_PDF_TEST_00". I have to solve this issue.

Following are my installed versions:

SAP GUI for Windows 7.20.

ADOBE Reader X (10.1.4)

ADOBE Livecycle Designer 9.0

Thanks

Suresh

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Could you check the patch level of your SAP gui version & let me know?

If it's an old patch level then too you might get this error.

When I encountered this issue, I had updated the Adove software version on my pc & also updated the patch level of my SAP GUI which resolved this issue for me

Also, I would strongly advise you to involve your basis team as they can configure the Adobe settings for Live cycle designer & can update if required the SAP GUI patch level & Adobe.

Revert with the details please.

Thanks

BR

Ankur

diego_santos
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

This issue happens because ADS was incorrectly configured.

You need to follow the bellow docs to set ADS in ABAP side.

Set up ADS in ABAP

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/43/f0648d73b56bede10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Set up ADS in Java side

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/44/4ec0733c4f4e35e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Both sides are required to make ADS work correctly.

You will finde the ADS configuration guide in:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/37/504b8cbc2848a494facfdc09a359b1/frameset.htm

If you have more questions regarding those settings, check this documentation.

Regards,

Diego