cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in SOAP to Proxy synchronous scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created SOAP to Proxy synchronous scenario. And i have generated WSDL file from integration directory. I am using SOAP UI Tool to test the webservice.

I am experiencing with an error "java.net.UnknownHostexception.<servername> "  while executing WSDL from SOAP UI tool. here i did not mention my server name due to some confidential issues.

Can you please let me know how this issue get resolved.

Thank you

Sathish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

test, if the host is reachable from your laptop. You can do that with a ping from a DOS window. There might be a firewall. Try as well to replace the host name with the IP address. If this works, then configure your hosts file correspondingly.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

I tried to ping to target system with IP address. I am getting follwoing message.

"Destination Host Unreachable "

Thanks

Sathish

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

are you testing from a different environment (compare to development)?

Are you able to access the PI start page?

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

I am testing from my local machine. trying to connect to PI server. I am able access PI start page through login crendentials.

Thanks

Sathsih

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using fully qualified hostname.

Regards,

Naveen.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

you cannot ping the host but run a side (PI start side) from that server?

There must be a missunderstood. Please check the server name again.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think SOAP UI can sometimes have different proxy settings that IE.

But this doesn't explain the ping not working from command line. Sometimes a host could disable responses to ping. You can also use tracert to make sure the host is reachable instead of ping.

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

What is soap UI version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

SOAP UI 3.5.1 version i am using.

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is some problem with the url . In WSDL, check the host and port(<soap:address location>) were same  as your java start page (http://host:port/dir/start/index.jsp).

Example:

<soap:address location="http://<host>:<port>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?senderParty=&amp;senderService=BS_D4&amp;receiverParty=&amp;receiverService=&amp;interface=SenderInterfaceName&amp;interfaceNamespace="" .....

Regards

Hari.