Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNC connection ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'd like to configure SNC connection between SAPGUI clients ant our company SAP systems.

I mean not between SAP AG and our company.

Do I need two or one saprouters for this purpose - I mean SNC conn could be established between two saprouters only or it could be established between SAPGUI client and my company saprouter ?

thanks

Vilius M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SNC can be used for transport level encryption/security between two SAP routers. You can then run SAP GUI -> SAP ABAP over this connection (DIAG protocol).

You can also use SNC to authenticate the user at workstation running SAP GUI, and use their credentials to log them onto SAP ABAP. When you do this the DIAG protocol is encrypted end to end. This can be setup without SAP routers, and is very often used to implement SSO for users running SAP GUI.

Thanks,

Tim

2 REPLIES 2

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SNC can be used for transport level encryption/security between two SAP routers. You can then run SAP GUI -> SAP ABAP over this connection (DIAG protocol).

You can also use SNC to authenticate the user at workstation running SAP GUI, and use their credentials to log them onto SAP ABAP. When you do this the DIAG protocol is encrypted end to end. This can be setup without SAP routers, and is very often used to implement SSO for users running SAP GUI.

Thanks,

Tim

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I forgot to mention, SNC can be used between ABAP systems as well as between GUI and ABAP. The server to server SNC connection is often used to secure SAP RFC connections.