cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Semi Annual, quarterly, 4 months contracts processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Kindly help with the process of handling 6/3/4 months contract in REFX.  Example: Contract start date is 01.01.2012 and contract end date is 31.12.2013.

The frequency of the contract is 6 months. And now, how to treat this contract on month on month basis in periodic posting as when I processed this contract the system is considered entire 6 month amount in the 1st month itself.

Contract setting:

Frequency: 6 in Months

Frequency start: start of condition

Amt. Reference: Yearly

Diff: Payment in advance Calc.

Method: Exact days

Kindly provide the required inputs to process the contract on quarterly, semi-annual & 4 months.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

This is a standard requirement, you can implement FAS BADI and identify the conditions which will participate. I guess you wish to straight line Non Monthly conditions (6/3/4). You can use this BADI or you can use accruals/deferrals to do it. Do not manipulate Cashflow BADI as it will impact all Contracts and if you are not being careful.

Jag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jagannath for the helpful information.

Could you provide some more insight in mapping the scenario using FAS BADI.. As I'm trying with my ABAPer in doing this using cashflow BADI but I'm failing in achieving the objective..

As you rightly mentioned, I'm using non monthly contracts where I have contracts based on 6/3/4 conditions..

Your inputs in this regard is highly appreciated..

Thanks very much in advance..

P.S: I'm exploring the same in Market place & Google however need your thoughts and inputs on this.. Thanks a ton ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there is no BADI is available for your requirement.

You can meet your requirement through enhancing the class cl_reex_cashflow_generate.

Try the following steps with your ABAP expert.

1. Enahnce the standard domain RECDCONDVALUEREFER with your values like A.3 months...B.4 Months...C.6 months (dont take any access keys, you can enhance)

2. Goto class cl_reex_cashflow_generate and method calculate_condvalue. Try for implicit enhancement with your custom domain values.

Before deciding to enhance, please put a break-point in above method and try.

Rgds,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I would not touch any domain! as I wrote in my comment earlier, it is a standard requirement.

Use FAS B BADI and you can select the condition(s) which is to be straightlined, system will automatically calculate the straight lining amount, also will take care of any changes if made to the condition. With your development idea you may have to think about every scenario and it will become a very complex enhancement. Check for OSS notes on FAS 13 BADI, you can customize it little bit per your need.

Thanks,

Jag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Please list down your expectation as well. This will clarify your requirement further and hopefully I will be able to help you out.

Hv a gr8 day

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rakesh for immediate response.

System should apportion the contract amount into 6 equal months.

Example: contract amount for 6 months is 60,000. Contract start date: 01st Jan 2012

On 31st Jan 2012:When i process this contract in periodic posting (RERAPP), system should post 10,000 for Jan month into my actual rent revenue account.

Please provide insight to process the contract as above. Please let me know if you need any further inputs on this to give more clarity.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls find below the solution:

Set frequency term as follows:

Frequency 1 in months

Amt Refernce Yearly amount

Condition start/ end date 01.01.2012 / 30.06.2012

Condition amount: 1,20,000

I have checked and it is working perfectly fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the solution. I have already applied this solution for 1 year contracts but I'm confused with the 6 month/3/4 month contracts..

My clarification is, how the user knows whether he created 6 month contract or year month or monthly contract if I set frequency as 1 month and amount reference selected as yearly? And the amount is entered for that particular period? what is the contract end should be considered in that case?

What is the criteria should i consider to make user & system understand that the contract is created on these basis (1 year/ 6 month/ 3 month/1 month etc) and the amount is considered based on these periods?

Your inputs and time are highly appreciated and helpful. Thanks a ton.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Contract start / end date will let you know/ user know what the original contract term is.

You are using standard features to handle your business case.

As you must have noticed in the solution provided for 6 months contract, the contract start/ end date pertains to 6 months only. It is just the frequency term where amount reference is mentioned as yearly which anyhow is not going to impact any reporting for your client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Does this mean, irrespective of the duration (yearly, monthly, semi-annual) and contract end date I need to select the frequency as 1 month and amount reference as yearly.. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong..

Thank you again for all the inputs..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

I have simulated the above scenario,

Created contract on quarterly basis with contract amount as 25,000 (per quarter) and start & end date as follows

Contract start date as 01.01.2012

Contract end date as 31.12.2013

Frequency set as below

Frequency 1 in month

Frequency start: Start of condition

Amt. Reference: yearly

Condition simulation

My expectation is to process the contract with 25,000 in equal installements when I execute RERAPP for the 3 periods (01.01.2012 – 31.03.2012) and the same should continue for rest periods till the end of the contract

1. 31.01.2012 – 8.333
  2. 29.02.2012 – 8,333
  3. 31.03.2012 – 8,333

Please provide your inputs on the same.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your example, the condition amount that should hv been entered = 25000 X 12 i.e. 3,00,000/=

Note that you hv mentioned that amount reference is yearly, hence, system is expecting an annual amount in the condition amount field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

I'm in process of using  BADI_RECD_CASHFLOW for accommodating my requirement. Will update you the results.

Thank you