cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heuristic Purchase Reqs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are implementing SNP for one of our client. Our process is something like this: We have 2 DCS, 1Virtual Location in the middle and 1 Vendor which is a simple SC network. The distribution center send the demand signal to Virtual location and Virtual inturn would raise single Purchase Req on the vendor for the demands raised by DC's. But the requirements here is Virtual location Should raise 2 purchase requisions on the vendor per Dc to cover the demand. But, Hueristics raise a single purchase Req on the Vendor. Please let me know is there anyway to infuence Heuristics engine to raise 2 PR on the vendor.

Idea of creating 2 Virtual location is not allowed . Please post an update soon.

Lakshmi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Due to the presence of virtual location in your SC network, the demand from DCs are consolidated and a single proposal (external procurement order) is generated. Since there is a t.lane between virtual location and plant, the proposal will always be a STR.

Probably, for the products in context, you can exclude virtual location and delete product specific t.lanes between DC and virtual locations. Then, execute the SNP location heuristics for DCs only. It will generate individual PR for each DC. If the procurement should be vendor specific, then you can create a t.lane between DC and vendor, but it will create STR instead of PR.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the reply.  We cant skip Virtual location for business visibility purposes. The idea of Direct shipment  form the vendor defies the busniess logic. Everything has to go through VL only and it is a business mandate.

Please share some thoughts.

Lakshmi.

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lakshmi,

One possible way could be executing network heuristics twice i.e. first run considers DC1, VL, and Vendor and the second run considers DC2, VL, and vendor. However, if you have multiple DCs in the network, this is not practical as you have to run the heuristics for each DC.

Another alternative is to use PP/DS with characteristics (to differentiate by DC). But, it's not as simple as SNP heuristics.

Probably, you may need to reconsider your business requirement as well as solution design based on APO limitations.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Finally, Business has agreed to create one More Virtual location at APO only to make individual purchase proposals per DC on vendor. But not agreeing to create additional VL in R/3. I'm trying to understand how this can be achieved. Share your experience.

Lakshmi.

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

From APO side, it's quite straight forward and SNP generates individual proposals. However, before publishing these proposals, you need to change the source of supply (i.e. replace the APO specific VL plant with the one that exists in both APO and ECC) through customization (either Z program or user exit implementation e.g. APOCFPEP).

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks so much. May be a custom program that change source of supply would be a good idea.

Many thanks for your inputs.

Lakshmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh and Laxmi,

The original request has "some" elements of a make-to-order / pegging scenario so isn't there anything in regards to individual / collective requirements (like the "individual requirements possibe") flag in APO?

Alternatively,  CTM plan demand by demand but has it been completely ruled out?

Just curious.

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sap Apo,

We can't use MTO strategy in this case as it needs to collect the requirements (MTS) per DC and then generate a proposal. If we treat the DC as customer, it make sense to consider CTM with MTO. However, other functionality like stock transfers might adversely be impacted and the solution might not be practical due to sales orders (instead of sto) etc.

I might be wrong also as we have 'n' different ways to solve a problem depending on the problem context and constraints. Probably, Lakshmi can add more details. 

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sap Apo,

Thanks for your post. CTM is basically order prioritization planning tool and does not support Fairshare concept hence we use heurisstic as our solver . More over, We dont deal with concepts like demand priorization and supply categorization in our business.

Coming to Individual and collective requirements selections in the product location master. I have not explored much, please through some light on how that be useful in our business case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I have couple of questions, please let me know if you can provide some inputs.

Q1:  Our business is using customized number ranges for purchase requisitions raised from virtual plant to Vendor. There is a business logic the way the numbers being maintained that way. Can we CIF those number ranges from R/3 to APO?

Q2: Is there any enhancement available to change source of supply before publishing to R/3 ?

Lakshmi

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Q1. You can't CIF number ranges from R/3 to APO. It needs to be maintained manually in APO box.

Q2. APOCFPEP - This user exit helps you to customize the Purchase Req or Purchase orders that are generated by APO before their publication to R/3.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks so much . Not exactly CIFing number ranges from R/3. They wanted a particular number range which is customized number range for the Preqs raised out of VL onto the vendor. Is there any possibility of that sort?

Q2:As discussed with you, Business agreed to create VL2 in APO but not in R/3. What I'am planning to do is that, a custom enhancement that changes VL2 into VL1 that exist in both R/3 and APO before results posted to R/3. Hence PRs created in APO go into R/3 as VL1.

Additional Input from you required is that,  We are using Make- to- Stock requirement strategy for our business. The requirement is that Sales orders & Deliveries should consume forecast. I made required configurations to the categoru group etc.. but still I dont see the efffect in the PB. Please provide some info to fix this phenomenon.

Lakshmi.

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lakshmi,

1. APO number range is specific to that box whereas ECC numbers have high precedence i.e. when you PReq transfer takes place, the APO PReq numbers are replaced with that of ECC orders. If you still concern about the requirement, probably, you can define a custom number range using t.code SNRO and assign it to SNP orders appropriately. Typically, we won't go that far in APO.

2. With respect to PReqs generated from VL2, I guess it would be a good idea to delete the proposals after successful transmission to R/3 so that you won't find any differences between ECC and APO. The published PReq come back again to APO with ECC numbers and visible from location VL1.

3. Check the requirement strategy of your product. To support forecast consumption, it should be 20 (t.code /SAPAPO/MAT1, Demand tab, Proposed Strategy field). You can also verify the forecast consumption in product view (/sapapo/rrp3).

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks so much for your inputs.

Lakshmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Need to CIF subcontracting BOM into APO. No production versions available since the material is externally procured. Please provide some suggestions.

Lakshmi.

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lakshmi,

You can try with t.code CFM1 and selecting the filter BOM. It is intended to CIF the material BOMs that are not associated with production version or phantom BOM.

- Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

This way we can only CIF materials but not BoM components.I did CIF BOM,  can only see BOM header in APO but components are missing. Please let me know if you have come across such an issue before.

Lakshmi

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lakshmi,

To have BOM complete structure, the prerequisite is the availability of components (location products) in APO.

- Rajesh

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

As mentioned below, A production version must be defined in the material master record (MRP 4).

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/68/f3593b0972fa72e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

I always use a PV in my samples.

You get a warning message when adding PV to a subcon material in MPR 4, but you can confirm it by

pressing Enter again. SAP Note 565024 is also useful for PDS.

Best regards,

Tiemin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

We have BOM components available in APO. But in PDS , only header item is available, No components. listed.

Lakshmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiemin,

Thanks so much for the reply. We dont have Production version available because all these materials are procured externally from sub contractors. It is sub contracting BOM. Heuristic should explode the BOM and raise PR on sub contractor.

Lakshmi

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lakshmi,

Assumption: Your material BOM are defined correctly in ECC

You can use the t.code CURTO_CREATE_BOM to transfer your material BOM to APO. Prior to transfer, delete the existing PDS in APO.

Thanks,
Rajesh

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

You can define a PV in the finished material.

Please have a closer look at the online help, make sure the scenario you're using,

then follow the steps there. It should work.

Please let me know again if you still can't do it.

Best regards,

Tiemin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

It worked after deletion.

Do you suggest a seperate planning book for subcontracting planning? can be used standard DRP planning for the same.

Lakshmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teimin,

As suggested by the business they dont maintain PV for any product. But I did try , It picked only header item again, components are missing. 

Lakshmi

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Happy to note that it worked finally.

Since your orders are simple PReq without using any features typical of subcontracting, a dedicated planning book and data view are not necessary. It will also be helpful for planners, otherwise they need to move between different screens. However, the better answer could be - 'IT DEPENDS' .

Thanks,

Rajesh

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Out of the scenario listed there, which one are you using?

You can review note 565024 to see if somthing is missing.

Best regards,

Tiemin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

We have another issue now..The PDS is not exploding in the planning book. The demand generted for the primary item is not passing down to the child items. We have different suppliers for header as well as for child items. All prerequisite settings have been maintained.  when given the selection by PDS name in the planning book, it picks the PDS but gives an error message saying that there is a conflict reading the slection and planning KF. Please suggest a fix.

Lakshmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh/Tiemin,

Any inputs on the problem posted. PDS not exploding and dependent demand is not generated for components. Could someone please post an quick update.

Lakshmi.

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

When I follow the SAP online help and note 565024 to build up a subcon sample, it works.

Another point is, I always use the standard PB 9ASNPSBC. To the most, I make a copy of it but won't change any settings.

So instead of repair, please restart from scratch by following the instruction step by step and yours should work, too.

Best regards,

Tiemin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiemin,

Thanks of for your reply. I use a copy of 9ASNPBC planning book too. Business categorically mentined that they dont use Production version in their planning. These materials kind of customer BOM available at DC. Manufacturing plants dont come into our scope of our planning. These PDS components are sourced externally no internal manufacturing.

I maintained Dummy Work center, Dummy Prod Version but PDS did flow into APO but dependent demand is not generated.

Please share some thoughts.

Lakshmi.

Lakshmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiemin,

Just to add here, the components are sourced from multiple vendors and header item is sourced from a different sub contractor who package everything.

But the note tells PPM should be available vendor place???

Lakshmi.

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Out of the scenarios listed there, which one are you using?

Or can you map your requirements into one of the scenarios there?

I think it should be Subcontracting with Third-Party Provision of Components in SNP

Best regards,

Tiemin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiemin,

Yes, Our scenario is similar to Subcontracting with 3rd party provision. But the question did not mention there was " How the BOM header+components flow into APO without a Production version". Do we really require it? You moentioned , you followed all the steps mentioned there for subcontracting PDS. Did you maintain Production version for your PDS?

I have made relevant settings mentioned there but for some reason the BOM is not flowing into APO and not getting exploded and dependent demand is not generated.

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Yes, I did. And I also check the PV to make sure it has green lights only.

Best regards,

Tiemin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Outgoing Quota Arrangements may help: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_SCM700_ehp02/helpdata/en/f8/a57539d49e3d35e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Best regards,

Tiemin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiemin,

Thanks so much for the update. We have a situation where only single supplier/Vendor supplying parts and one TL exist between Vendor to Virtual location. Hence single PR is created at Virtual location. Please share your exeperiences..

Lakshmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiemin,

Heuristics is kind of weird, when try to run heuristic at the background it is creating STR. But interactively it is not planning anything, it just says 4 location products were processsed.

Any ideas why?

Lakshmi.

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

About the interactive planning, please check the buckets in the far future.

Best regards,

Tiemin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiemin,

when try to run Heuristics using /SAPAPO/SNPO1 the Heuristic run is successful and but planning results are not published in the planning book. But interactvely it is not doing anything.

Heuristic run is not generating any Purchase req or planned orders only generating STR.

Lakshmi.