cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populating the persistent MDO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings!

First of all I'd like to say that I am new in SAP MII, so please excuse me for my incompetence.

I am developing the project which main aim is "Scales-to-SAP ERP" integration. At present moment MII successfuly receives data from scales (using XML-query). Now I need to store weighting data into MII for its futher processing. I have read lots of manuals and forum topics about MII capabilities and found out, that the "Persistent MDO" usage fits best to the temporary data storage issue.

As I've mentioned before, MII receives only one string in XML format with a current scales status (including data, time, weight, unit, ...). The next step is to populate MDO with this data string. In different manuals I've read about MDO-queries in "Insert" mode as an instrument for MDO population. Unfortunately, I still can not use them well enough to resolve this issue.

So please help me find the answers for the next questions:

1. Is "Persistent MDO" the best approach for temporary data storage in MII?;

2. If so, how can I populate MDO with weighting data? (MDO-queries or maybe something else?)

Thanks a lot for assitance! Any reply, any help will be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Vitaliy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vitaliy,

Persistent MDO is the correct one to store data.

If all the data is available in a single data string (I guess there is some delimiter in between each value) you can use the StringListToXMLParser action to break them down into different rows of XML and then insert into the MDO using insert query. Just make sure you have used Param.1, Param.2 etc in MDO query to accept the input parameters.

Thanks,

Dipankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipankar,

Thank you a lot for your assistance, I've made some progress in discovering MII, so now I can succesfully populate my MDOs by using insert queries.

Now it's important for me to know maximum size of MDO. It means, how many records can hold MDO and for what maximal period of time? I've searched for that information in different manuals and Internet sources, but unfortunately, could not find the answers.

Thank you for help!

Best regards,

Vitaliy

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vitaliy,

MDO uses NetWeaver database. There is as such no specific limitation of number of records or duration for storing data in MDO provided NetWeaver database is sized accordingly. But it is better to have an archiving strategy to free-up the database periodically maybe based on the relevance or age of the data you are storing.

Thanks,

Dipankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipankar,

Thank you a lot for help. I have discussed the question about NetWeaver database size with our BASIS team. The database is auto-extended and is limited only by HDD size. This conditions fully satisfy my project terms.

While populating MDO with data I have faced the issue, that data strings are stored in random order. For example, 5 data strings are inserted. Each string has own serial number, from 1 to 5. The "Tracer" action shows, that strings are stored in direct order, but when I test the MDO, it shows data strings in random order (1,3,4,2,5). I have tried to populate MDO several times, but result is the same - data is shown in random order.

Can you please tell me what may cause this situation? Maybe, there is some sorting rules in MDO?

Thank you for help!

Best regards,

Vitaliy

Answers (0)