cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why special character is gray mode as per attached sanpshot?

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

let me know why special character (-) is in gray mode as attached sanp.

is it standard feather of sap or need to customization for changing it?

Regards,

Sanjeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

If the special character is already used in any of the existing projects, then as per standard SAP it will be grayed out.

This is what i know and understand after going through some references.

Regards,

Gokul

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

you want to say when we configure the system with special character and coding mask that it would be look grayout and once we use this configuration as create project then it would be grayed.

i checked this two or three controlling area means in various organizations but it seems same as i show above of this thread as special character (-)

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

I am sorry, but i did not understand what you said in the post above. This is what i feel,

Ideally if you define a special character and use the same in configuring a coding mask and then create a project using the configured coding mask system would disallow you from changing the special character. The reason being, there would be projects that are existing in the system and using the special character in their nomenclature.

You can try a test case in your system and verify this.

Regards,

Gokul

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Not at all, after configuration system show  - special character in gray mode while rest of special characters are in without grayed mode. what is the reason? here i want to say i have not created any project.

as below show in darkly:

PL SL  ET  Sp SP SP SP SP SP SP SP  Edit  ANo

4   √     @   /      .     :    >     ;     -   <    =      √   %

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even i have not created a project to test this. Thats the reason i said "This is what i feel". But, ideally, whatever i mentioned above should be the case if you look at it logically. Otherwise, why would the system just grey out one special character and leave others in the editable mode?

Maybe you should try to dig in more in this matter or raise it with SAP.

Thanks,

Gokul