cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling WebDynpro Component in an External Window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to call a component - COMP 2 in an external window upon a button click from COMP 1. I constructed the url of COMP 2 and created an external window using method -   create_external_window. Upon completion of user action in COMP 2, when the 'Close' button is clicked, I want to refresh my display in COMP 1. Is there a way that I can capture the button event of COMP 2 in COMP 1 and perform an action.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you click on Component 1 Pass the URL to CALL_BROWSER Function Module.

It will open the desired URL in External Window.

Regards,

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You should call Comp B from Comp A by creating a method in Comp A window with plug Suspend

and Resume plug in inbound plugs of Comp B window .

By doing this way you will be in one browser itself instead of calling a external window.

Example;---- if you call Comp B using Suspend plug from Comp A on click of some action then the same page will be refreshed and you will be seeing Comp B

again you can go back from Comp B to Comp A by Resume Plug.

If you are doing with External window you can't Refresh Comp A from Comp B Action for that u need to perform action on Comp a itself.

Thanks

Tricon infotech Pvt Ltd.

Madhukiran.

0 Kudos

Hi

Refer this link http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/WebDynproABAP/Call/Webdynpro2.htm

change as ABAP_TRUE it ill referesh

Regrads

jayaprakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can probably create a Usage of Component B in Component A. Raise an interface event from Component B when you close this browser. Handle this event in Component A and try to refresh this in the handler.

Hope this works.

Thanks.