cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM: Fortnightly Maintenance Cycle (Can't close task list)

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are using ChaRM and currently have a fortnightly maintenance cycle for our BAU/support changes.

We have a naming convention for these maintenance cycles, basically:

Release Cycle 1

Release Cycle 2

Release Cycle 3  etc

(there is 26 in a year)

I would like to create a new maintenance cycle for each of these cycles.  However, ChaRM won't let me do this.  I get an error when I try and complete the task list.  I have since found out this is due to transports which have not yet been released.  If all transports are released, the task list will complete.

However, this does not suit our process.  Any changes which have not yet been released, should simply move across to the new maintenance cycle when created.  This works for change documents which don't have any transports created.  But as soon as a transport is created, the task list will not complete.

Is there any way around this??????  This is very frustrating and at the moment we just have the one Maintenance Cycle in ChaRM for EVER.  Once the maintenance cycle reaches Go-Live (at the end of the two weeks), the maintenance cycle is simply changed to Development with Release (instead of completion).

Any suggestions?????

Thanks

Shaun

PS. We are on SOLMAN 7.0

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bump.

Anyone?????

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is an ongoing problem....surely there is a way to do this?

Thanks.