Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIMs addition

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

My client wants to "Load" all his current test system data into QM post Go-Live.

1. Can you send me a link to the steps to migrate a legacy test system into SAP QM after go-live??

2.  How can this be accomplished via a LIMs if the movement cannot be made? In other words, how can a LIMs be connected

to SAP QM? 

Much Thanks

Verroz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If u ra having a historical data in legacy system and you want to move that data into SAP then use BDC recording, upload your excel file and finally close the lot by providing the UD.

Take care of one thing during go live u need to create all inspection lots manually for this again u need to customize one program so that it will call QA02 screen and material number with plant and inspection type 89, u need to prepare EXCEl sheet where all necessary fields are there and in description u need to mention the purpose and history of that lot.Run your BDC for QA02, attach you lot files, lot will be there, then use second BDC for data uploading i.e. Results and then by using BAPI lock the lot i.e. UD.

All this data comes under Cu-over in QM before Go-live so perform this activity during you blackout period. This data may not harm your go-live activity and schedule so u can upload it after go-live also it is totally based on your Mgmt. decision.

Regards

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. SAP does not provide any functionality for historical inspection results.

You have to create inspection lots manually (or using program) and input results also.

Please check LSMW for lot creation and BAPI for results recording & UD.

2. Of course it can be done by system interface.

You have many alternative for interface such as direct call from JSP, XI interface, 3rd party solution, etc.

Regards, DoWook KIM