Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk cancel of Acknowledgment Messages

CRitsema
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a lot of Acknowledgment Messages which erred out before we figured out how to disable the automatic creation of these acknowledgments.

SXMB_MONI has an "Advanced Selection Criteria" parameter called: "With Acknowledgment Messages" which allows me to see these errors and manually cancel. But this would take some time to do this manually.

I'm familiar with report RSXMB_CANCEL_MESSAGES for bulk canceling of of error messages. However, RSXMB_CANCEL_MESSAGES has no similar kind of advanced selection criteria and seems to ignore acknowledgment error messages - does not find them anyway when I try to run it.

Are there any other options for bulk cancel of these kind of messages? Archive/Delete will not get rid of them unless I first cancel them.

Thanks,

Craig

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe this helps some people.

I could delete those messages in a very non-obvious way:

- Set retention time low enough

- Go to SXMB_MONI and select the messages to be deleted. Wait until they appear on the screen.

- Execute report RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES

Strange enough, but the system will delete the selected messages then. I've verified this in IDoc scenarios under PI 7.11 EhP 4 at least.

CRitsema
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sorry - Sender is R/3 idoc. Receiver is JDBC/SQL Server.

We did figure out how to disable these ack's from being created. However, before doing so we accumulated a large number of these and they are now taking up space in the db.

Craig

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

unfortunately you give us less information about your sceario. If the receiver is IDoc, you can stop acknowledgements with report IDX_NOALE.

Regards,

Udo

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

go to SXMB_ADM Configuration of Integration Engine / spec parameter. Configure with parameter deletion (click on the "i" for explanations) how long messages should stay in database, later schedule concrete programs in SXMB_ADM / schedule delete jobs.

Regards,

Udo