cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Year dependent Fiscal year variant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using Year dependent Fiscal year variant, where in for our client every month last friday will be last day of the month. I have two things to get it cleared.

1. If we use year dependent do we need to define the fiscal year number of days every year?

2. When I try to define months and days for 2013 system erroring out as this period is already exist. We use FYOct to Sep.

Thanks in advance for the advise.

Reagrds,

Shilpa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor

Year dependent means, as per legal requirements, you can create the Financial year from from any month to any month in next year which should have 12 months. In your case, it is Oct to Sept.

What we do in OB29 is, we define months and days like below

OCT     01     31

NOV    02     30

DEC    03     31

JAN    04     31

Like that, the config follows till SEPT. In your case, you are going to close the Fiscal year 2011 to 2012 by SEPT.

From OCT onwards, your new Fiscal year starts OCT 2012 to SEPT 2013.

There is no confusion in it. Refer to OB29, things get clear.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narsimhu,

That is correct that it is legal requirement, but is that we need to define fiscal year and days in a month every year ? Or system will prompt the months automatically?

In our case last Friday of the month is last day and the last day differ from every month and every year.

As I have already said when I try defining period and days it is giving me an error as period and days are exist.

Thanks for the reply again.

Regards,

Shilpa

michael_savarimuthu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Shilpa,

You may have an issue with the Year Shift.

Please follow the example given by Minghong Ji here:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3223737

Cheers,

TD

praneelravilla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

1. If we use year dependent do we need to define the fiscal year number of days every year?

Fiscal year is year-dependent. Means that the fiscal year only applies to a specific calendar year.

Yes, You have to define.

2. When I try to define months and days for 2013 system erroring out as this period is already exist. We use FYOct to Sep.

Please update with Error Message when ever you post a query...

Even though...

Check the calender year using...

if you use calendar year 2013 system will throw an error as the periods already exist.

So, use calender Year 2014 and use Year Shift +1 for Oct, Nov and Dec'2013.

Make sure the Year Dependent Check Box Set active.

Regards

Praneel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks allot for all the reply.

We have resovled this issue & we have defined days and months again.

Thanks & regards,

Shilpa