cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Dependency Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't have any experience with object dependencies, so this is probably a pretty basic question.  I have a material class with 4 characterisitcs: ZTM_LENGTH, ZTM_WIDTH, ZTM_HEIGHT and ZTM_VOLUME.  I want to enter values in the first three characteristics and have the VOLUME calculated.  I created a Procedure-type dependency with the following syntax:

$SELF.ZTM_VOLUME = ZTM_LENGTH * ZTM_HEIGHT * ZTM_WIDTH

This dependency was assigned to ZTM_VOLUME.  However, when I enter a value in the first three characteristics, the volume isn't calculated.  Is there something basic that I am missing?  Thanks in advance.

Tony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assign the dependency to the characteristic ZTM_VOLUME.   BTW - In classification you do not need to put a 'Z' in front of everything.  Classification is by definition user defined and there are no SAP originated objects (class or characteristics) within this environment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Darrell,

I had already assigned that dependency to ZTM_VOLUME, so I don't think that is the problem.  Is there some configuration that I need to do in order to activate the functionality?

BTW, I normally work in the EH&S and PLM modules; there are over 2,000 SAP-delivered characteristics and almost 1,000 SAP-delivered classes in these modules, so we always start our objects with a "Z" (or some standardized prefix) for easier searching/segregation.

Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

I believe the dependency you created is a procedure ? Please assign this dependency to the configuration profile to the material it class/characteristic are assigned to. It should work after that.

Regards

Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.  I am not trying to make a configurable material or use this for variant configuration.  I only want to calculate a characteristic value within a class using values from other characteristics in that same class.  In this instance, I am using class type 001 for materials.  I'm not using class type 300 for variants.  Is this possible?  I know YEARS ago I was at a client that did something similar, but I don't know how it was done.  Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony ,

That should be possible too. You can use OD's in class type 001. What is the one you created is it a procedure ? Also can you please check the trace on the classfiication view and see if the Od's are run and give you any error message ?

Thanks

Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

My dependency is a procedure, so I think I have that set up properly.  I activated the trace, but when I went to the check the results, they were blank.  I assume that means the ODs werren't run.  Is there a step that I am missing to get them to run?  I thought it was automatic once they were set up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Class type 300 , you dont need anything but for other class types you do . I know for batch class type you need to do the setting advised in note  1242370.. Can you please try the same for class type 001. Please set the flag tclao-zaehl = 3. The report in the note is specifically for batches so please change it accordingly..

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there isnt any entry in this table then please maintain it via O1Cl.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tony Marchionne ,

It works well with class type 022 or 023 , also for sure 300 too.

I never tried it using 001, but logicaly it should work , only question is where should the dependecy should be assign?

and as its not of type 300 , how you are checking it ? using MM02 or what?

I will try it and update you if got any favourable result.

Just check one basic thing , your procedure is released ( status 1).

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh