cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selective import of meta data brings nothing during import.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am trying to run import from the Studio-Modeler-->import-->SAP HANA Content-->Selective Import of Metadata. After selecting the "Source System", its not bringing anything from the ECC source system. The left side panel is empty. When I try to do any table search, nothing is happening.

I have confirmed the following:

1. BO4.0, DS4.0, Hana Client all are running on the same server (SAPBO)

2. ODBC connection has been made to the Hana server, from SAPBO.

3. Successfully created repository in data services (called 'saphr'). I am able to load the tables from ECC in data services. Please see below:

4. Configured "Import Server" in Hana studio properly. Thats why I am able to see the back-end connection during the import.

So, I am able to load the tables from DS but not from studio. Can you please give me some clue here?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Did you try to re-start BO DS services?

And what is your HANA Studio version? In my version which is 32 I traced HANA Studios connections and see it uses wrong port. And I think it is a bug.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Super. That was it. I had to restart the services. After the restart, I am able to load the tables from ECC.

Now. when click on the "Mass Import of MetaData", I get a message saying "No ABAP system configured for Mass import. Contact system Administrator for details.". Do you have any ideas?

Regards,

Ramesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi there Ramesh & Erhan

The Issue Ramesh described is the exact same issue that I am struggling with. BUT- I do not know which BODS services to restart, can you please be more specific?

My Hana studio version is 34.

Your help would  be most appreciated.

Many thanks

Idelé

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Idele,

I attached a screen shot of services. Restart all of them.

0 Kudos

You are a super star, many thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Erhan,

I am back to the same issue again. I had to restart the server and now I don't anything in the import screen. Also, I have updated the studio to version 37. I am not sure where the disconnect is.

The back-end connection is working in DS.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you trace your connection from HANA Studio? I traced my connection and see port number is 80. But this is not correct port number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Erhan,

How do I configure the trace and where do I see the log?

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Install Fiddler, open Fiddler. And enter proxy in HANA Studio as 127.0.0.1 8888 and you will see connections.    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Erhan,

Thanks. I found the following message in Fiddler, any ideas?

"No passphrase is found in CMS connection to encrypt the password for datastore SAP_HR_DEV. Please configure the passphrase in the BOE".

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to configure passpharase on CMC. Check your settings!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Erhan,

Thanks. Little bit after I asked this question, I tried using IE to go into CMC and was able to fix that. Earlier, CMC came up using my default Google Chrome browser and didn't see any application listed there. Basically the page was empty. But when I used IE I was able to see the "Data Service" application and entered the passphrase.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Ramesh