cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usr/sap is full but no core files found.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am facing a issue where my usr/sap is getting full but core files do not exist. I have tried deleting Audit logs as well but to no avail normally we solve this issue by deleting the core files but in this case there are no core files . Can some one suggest a possible solution to this issue my enviorment is Solaris 10 .

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member227150
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Most of the time /usr/sap is full because of logs in the work directory.

Can you please check which type of files are actually taking the space. Are these the Old Log files for sap work processes and dispatcher??

Regards,

Gaurav

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi abhishek ,

Hope you are doing good.

Incase of a standalone ABAP server, please check SAP NOTE: 16513 and if it is a dual stack/ J2ee server, have a look at: sap note 1589548 - J2EE engine trace files fills up at a rapid pace

Thank you and have a nice day :).

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

rajan_thomas
Explorer
0 Kudos

use command df -sk on each folder and find which folder is growing(it will show in KB)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the any  dev_.old files in /work directory , if there delete it.

can you please paste  complete directory path ,, also what are  directoried under /usr/sap

regards,

balaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

In continuation to the checks Gaurav had suggested can you also check the below directories to see if any new files were getting created recently

/sapmnt/SID/global

/usr/sap/SID/D04/data

How big are the Page and Role files in the data folder? What is the size of /usr/sap filesystem?

Have you monitored the filesystem's file level at diff. intervals of the day, Is it sporadic?

Thanks,

Vasu