Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ResponseOneWayBean Module.

srikanth_srinivasan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have been trying to set-up the following scenario:

NFS to RFC with request-response module added to NFS channel.

When I supply a Mail adapter channel as value for parameter receiverChannel in module, the RFC response hits my inbox as expected. However, XI/SOAP/HTTP in place of Mail adapter produces a standard error '...CPAObjectException null value...'.

Has anybody managed to address this problem before?

Any inputs are appreciated.

Thank you.

PS: BPM is not prefered here.

--

Srii

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am having the same problem when using XI adapter in ResponseonewayBean . It works when i replace the XI adapter with file adapter but errors with CPAObjectKeyException: Value of key must not be null error.

Did anybody manage to find the root cause of this problem? .

Thank you

Venkat

srikanth_srinivasan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Problem resolved. The cause of failure earlier is unknown. I am mystified!

Thanks for your efforts, Guys.

-

Srii

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srii,

i have now the similar problme.

could you share your solution?

Thanks

Rene

srikanth_srinivasan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rene,

As mentioned above, the cause of failure is unknown. I assume the problem to be with caching.

Regards,

Srii

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using Mail adapter as receiver? If responseonewaybean does not work for mail adapter then other approach is replace  receiver mail with file adapter. Create another scenario file to mail for that purpose if you dont want to implement bpm.

srikanth_srinivasan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Baskar.

Mail adapter is used to route the BAPI response to an email. It is indeed a receiver mail adapter.I do not want my scenario to be dependant on a physical location [when FTP/NFS is chosen] to enable a continuous transmission to another scenario.

-

Srii

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm seeing this thread setting the parameter receiverON = MailReceiver. This seems setting in case of RFC error to mail the message.  You might want to try this. But I haven't tried this solution.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/845230

srikanth_srinivasan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Appreciate your efforts to dig deeper, Baskar.

I am under the impression that receiverOnFault parameter could potentially detect errors only from a technical transmission view-point [such as BAPI not available, R3 not reachable, etc]. However, that is certainly a factor to be tested. I'll update the thread after a try. Thank you.

-

Srii

srikanth_srinivasan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Setting receiverChannelOnFault parameter in the module did not produce a desired output.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SOAP/HTTP support sync communicaton , why you need a module?

srikanth_srinivasan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja.

The input is received by NFS which needs module to cast the scenario to synchronous. I want to use SOAP/HTTP channel in module parameter receiverChannel to connect to another scenario within PI.

-
Srii

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it looks your requirement has mutliple process, devide interfaces in to multiple parts or create bussiness process.

srikanth_srinivasan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hmm, not sure If I understood that totally.

But this is the flow description in my words:

Current implementation:

NFS -> PI -> RFC -> [using module] Mail Adapter

The new need is:

NFS -> PI -> RFC -> [using module] SOAP/HTTP/XI -> PI [pass only if response contains an error] -> Mail Adapter

Does this give more clarity?

-

Sriii