Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS. Everlasting question

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

Please allow me to post one more silly question regarding mass transport. I've read a lot of documentation, sites and posts about this issue, but they shed light on obvious things. I know that if we use mass transport a system places requests for PRD in a sequence as they were transported into QAS. And the whole sequence of many requests since this time looks like a solid request. This was my prologue

But what if...

1) Consultants made 3 requests containing different versions of a program (req#1 - progv.1, req#2 - progv.2, req#3 - progv.3). They used mass transport import to bring requests into QAS, the 3rd version of the program exists in QAS. (Result: We've got a sequence in PRD)

2) After hard tests they've decided to use the 2nd version of the program, and they transport req#2 again. But we need to transport all request because of their interdependence, for example, the first contains FM, the second - Screen (program links to FM2 from the 3rd request), and the third - Screen v.2 + FM2 - we need to get the program with FM, FM2 and Screen.

So, we get the following history: req#1,2,3 + req#2. But in the end of the point 1 we got a sequence! What will we get if we use mass transport? Just req#1,2,3 or req#1,2,3 + req#2? In other words, we will  get the prog with FM, FM2 and Screen or the prog FM, FM2 Screenv.2?

I understand that it's better to make a new request containing FM, FM2 and Screen to prevent inconsistency, but everything could happen. Please clarify this issue for me and my colleagues

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Artem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

It seems you already know what is the best approach 🙂  create a new transport with everything, import into QA and test. However, for the sake of this post, looks like the sequence

req#1,2,3 + req#2 should give you FM, FM2 and Screen, but remember it has to be tested in QA and verified by developers.

Once the testing is successful with what they need, you can add req #2 at the end of the buffer while you create it for the mass import into Production.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Samik

Answers (0)