Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encoding Issue on customer side

0 Kudos

Hi,

Transaction: INVOIC

Direction: Outbound

actually the customer wants to send the cyrillic characters in the EDI file, so i encoded in CC with ISO-8859-5, in PI i can see the cyrillic charcaters but the customers coudlnt see those,

steps I took to modify the CC,

File Type -> binary ->destEncoding=ISO-8859-5, srcEncoding=ISO-8859-5

File Type -> binary ->destEncoding=ISO-8859-5, srcEncoding=UTF-8

File Type -> text-> File Encoding = ISO-8859-5,destEncoding=ISO-8859-5, srcEncoding=ISO-8859-5

File Type -> text-> File Encoding = windows-1251,destEncoding=windows-1251, srcEncoding=windows-1251

File Type -> text-> File Encoding = windows-1251,destEncoding=windows-1251, srcEncoding=UTF-8

File Type -> text-> File Encoding =blank value,destEncoding=windows-1251, srcEncoding=UTF-8

File Type -> text-> File Encoding =blank value,destEncoding=windows-1251, srcEncoding=windows-1251

File Type -> text-> File Encoding =blank value,destEncoding=ISO-8859-5, srcEncoding=ISO-8859-5

File Type -> text-> File Encoding =blank value,destEncoding=ISO-8859-5, srcEncoding=UTF-8

and i used xml anonymizer bean also it doesnt work.

please help with a solution asap.

thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you asked the customer, which encoding he expects?

If the customer is not able to see any cyrillic characters, there might be the wrong code page, or the customer does not use the correct viewer.

The receiver file adapter should be configured as:

File Type -> text->

File Encoding = ISO-8859-5 or cp1251 or KOI8-R

(cp1251 = windows 1251)

Check with an hex editor, of the target file has the correct encoding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

I also faced the same issue almost 6 months later, I solved this by keeping both destEncoding and srcEncoding as UTF-8 as shown in this figure. I hope this will solve your issue too.

Best Regards,

Sagarika

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

Did you try to open the files PI has produced using browser in your system?

Are you able to view the characters?

Regards

Anupam

0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Yes I am able to see the characters in explorer.

Regards,

Sudheer SA

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

If you are able to view the files produced by PI server properly in browser in your local system then PI is doing its job correctly.  Could you explain how customers are trying to view the same files?

Are they using a different browser ?  This is a strange issue.

regards

Anupam

0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

I am not sure about the browser that customer is using.Let me contact them.Also they are using UNIX as back-end and Windows as the front-end.

Regards,

Sudheer SA