cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSourcing reporting on BOBJ 4 / SPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are planning to implement SPEND Reporting solution for one of our client and it also have the reporting requirement from eSourcing data .  We have gone through the eSourcing reporting tool but it seems to be a basic look where as our client is looking for Graphical layout .

Would like to understand below points from you –

1. Can we directly publish eSourcing OOTB reports on BOBJ 4 .  Or can we directly connect BOBJ with eSourcing and create custom reports if required. ?
  2. If the option 1 is not sutaible,  Can we publish eSourcing reports on SPM ?   For this do we have extract the eSourcing data in BW and then hook it up to SPM , OR can we directly hook eSourcing reports to SPM without extracting data in BW ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for your question.

1) If the customer is on-Premise, it is possible to connect the BOBJ tool with SAP Sourcing database. This does not come out-of-the-box, there would custom work to be done. Keep the security considerations in mind.

2) it is technically possible to extract data from SAP Sourcing and load the data into BW. There is no OOTB BW-extractor. With regards to integration between Sourcing and SPM, there is no "inbound" integration (i.e. pulling data from Sourcing into SPM), the only standard integration is "outbound" (i.e. pull spend data from SPM into SAP Sourcing projects)

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Armin

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

I appreciate if you can throw some light on the extraction of e-sourcing data to SAP BI/BW. We need some task level data in the BW reports and are unable to find how to extract the task level data to SAP BW. Please let me know the possible options like enhancing the standard java/sql based extractors for the requirement or extracting it through flat file. If flat files is the only option, pls update how to get the required data through flat files to BI. Is there any program/badi to modify or any other suggestions or links are appreciated. I am unable to find any infor on the same.

Thanks,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

typically the process you would have to follow to accomplish this would be:

• Find a query with the relevant data you wish to extract
  • IF NOT AVAIALBLE: Write a query with relevant data
  • Extract this data to MS Excel (typically as a csv file)
  • Change csv file into the required flat file format for BI/BW import
  • import into SAP BI/BW (this can also run as a scheduled task)

Basically your starting points would be Query and Query Definition.

Hope this helps,

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ...So does it mean that there is no way directly we can connect BW system to Sourcing system .  I was assuming that there could be way to create Java based extractor in Sourcing then connect it to BW for pushing this data .  Can you please elaborate this in detail .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoi,

sorry this is not possible via Java based extractors.

Thanks,

Armin

PS: Could you please mark the question as answered.