Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCo upgrade

elko_hasse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

if I use JCo 1.x in my environment and want to upgrade to the newest 2.x version, do I have to adjust code or is it downwards compatible to 1.x.

Thanks

Elko

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

here's what does the release information for JCo 2.1.5 says on the Service Marketplace (http://service.sap.com/connectors -> SAP Java Connector -> Tools & Services):

<b>To upgrade from an older version of SAP JCo, just overwrite the old SAP JCo installation with the new package. Please make sure that you delete all old runtime libraries (these are for the SAP JCo 1.x: jCO.jar, jRFC11.dll, jRFC12.dll; and for the SAP JCo 2.x: sapjCO.jar, sapjcorfc.dll), since these might interfere with the new libraries. See also the installation instructions.

For communication between a Java application and SAP Systems running in Unicode mode you need to use SAP JCo 2.0.5 or later.</b>

So, I guess this is pretty much the answer to your question. Of course, you have to observe that you didn't use any deprecated APIs in you app code that could possibly be removed in the newer version. You can find lists of deprecated APIs coming with the JCo package you download.

Hope that helps!

Answers (0)