SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of the EP File System

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am installing IS-OIL 472 on R/3 . As a s post installation activity I need the file EP46CFILETMPL.CAR which provides a template that can be maintained for system requirements. ( SAP Note 382767 ) . As per the note it has to be copied from sapservX file server . I donot know how to do that.

Can anyone provide me with the above file.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Please follow the instructions in the Note - 40024 .

Go to Start-> Run->ftp sapserv7 ( if you are in India) -> Enter the user - ftp -> Enter the password -> ftp -> cd /incoming -> bin ( only for non-text text files and binary files) -> use put command to transfer the file.

Thanks

Sunil.M

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

chk note 40024

0 Kudos

I have alredy read that note. The problem is we donot have saprouter configured and I donot know the IP address of the ftp server sapservX. Can I directly connect to this server using ftp and download the files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Please follow the instructions in the Note - 40024 .

Go to Start-> Run->ftp sapserv7 ( if you are in India) -> Enter the user - ftp -> Enter the password -> ftp -> cd /incoming -> bin ( only for non-text text files and binary files) -> use put command to transfer the file.

Thanks

Sunil.M

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Can you tell me the IP of sapserv7. Will it work from any computer connected from Internet ? Is there any requirement for that ?

0 Kudos

This file can be given the customers only raise a message under component

XX-SER-NET for access info for server

or

BC-UPG-OCS to get the file itself

0 Kudos

I got the file thanks a lot