Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Directory Synchronization with a SAP ERP 6.0 EHP5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP,

I have the following request :

1.     I am login to my MS workstation using my user / pwd storred in my MS AD.

2.     When I log into my SAP EPR system, I want to use the same user / pwd as the one storred in my MS AD.

3.     I absolutely must enter a user / pwd when I log into my SAP ERP system.

It means that I do not want a SSO mechanism between my MS AD and SAP.

I have read that :

1.     It is possible using SNC/Kerberos authentication but that it is not recommanded by SAP (SAP does not encourage it).

2.     It requires code to be installed on each domain controller.

Can you please provide me some links / guide to apply it ?

Thanks !

Best regards

SAP Netweaver Administrator

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Kaempfer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The question is:

Do you search for a tool to sync user/passwords -> SAP NW Identity Managenemt ... --> password hook required

Do you search a tool to simplifiy the authenticatíon (SSO) -> SAP NW Single Sign-On ...

You can configure SAP NW SSO that the solution ask every time for the password then a user try to logon to a system and intergrate this with MS AD (but the most customer don't want to type in passwords so they don't configure this option).

The issue is here, that there is not a function at MS AD to ask for the plain password of an user to maintain this password for other applications like SAP.

Regards

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have EP in your environment? if yes you can try a work around. if you are using EP with UME with AD , then you just have to add SSO configuration between EP & ECC. make a launchpad to start SAPGUI for windows with logon ticket as authentication token. This is not aSSO solution just work around.

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are certified SNC softwares to achieve this, but SAP also provides its own SNC solution to provide SSO between AD and ABAP based systems. It is called SAP NetWeaver SSO and you can access detailed info via http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-sso

regards