cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP 2.1.3 and Afaria 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

I am new in the SAP for Mobile arena. Please bare with me. We are working on an SAP CRM Mobiles sales 2.0.2 app and are currently setting up the landscape. My question is:

How do we connect the SUP with Afaria 7.0, or they work seperately?

According to my understanding, the Mobile Sales application will be deployed via SUP right? So how does Afaria come in as

a Mobile Device Management software? How is it implemented into the whole SUP infrastructure?

Much appreciated!

Regards;

Sizo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

I get the picture now, thank you very much for your guidance. Besides the installation guide for Afaria 7.0, would you have any other documentation that could help me in this context?

Regards;

Sizo

sujith_prathap
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sizo,

This would be a good place to start

Best Regards,

Sujith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sizo,

SUP and Afaria are two independent products. They can be used separately.

Afaria can be used to directly manage the individual mobile devices, and does not require any integration with SUP. You can also use Afaria to distribute SAP CRM Mobiles sales app.

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sachin! I understand that they are two independent products. But you're saying you can use Afaria to distribute SAP CRM Mobile sales app, how do I do that, without SUP being part of the equation?

Your help is much appreciated!

Regards;

Sizo

rakshit_doshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sizo,

If you are aware of components of Afaria there is a portal server for which you have to run a hotfix patch for Afaria 6.6. Once done you can host the applications as packages on the Afaria Portal and when the devices connect they can see the applications from the Afaria Client in Afaria Store. This is applicable for both Android and ios and for Windows phone what you can do is run a channel which will deliver the application on the phone once the phone connects to Afaria.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sizo,

To begin with, you need to have the app in Afaria. From there, you can directly deploy this app on to the devices.

Now on the device, you would need to enter the SUP settings on the app. This is how you connect the app with SUP.

There is another approach, where you can store the settings of SUP in Afaria, fetch these details on to the device and then proceed with connecting to SUP.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sachin