cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITSM and ERMS in SolMan 7.1 SP6?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've been searching high and low to find any documentation regarding implementation of ERMS in order to create incidents automatically.

The only documentation I have found are the two documents written by John Burton in 2006, and those feel a bit outdated?!

What are the prerequisites in order to make this scenario to work?

Are T-REX and Portal both required?

Br,

Magnus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Magnus,

the documents from John Burton should also work in 7.1.

We are using ERMS on Solman 7.0 with IC WebClient for our call center.

If you only want to create incidents per mail, maybe you should conisder using 'Inbound Processing' over the transaction SCOT and make an implemention there. SAP promised to deliver this on SP 8 - 12 .

Regards

Abosi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abosi,

Yeah I guess I'll have to resort to "calling our abaper"

If I have understood everything correctly ITSM is not IC? I mean, we start the webinterface via transaction CRM_UI... I'm still looking for the integration points between ITSM and IC 😉

Time to listen my SAP-Soundtrack

Former Member
0 Kudos

The ITSM is using only parts from the IC. The Interaction Center it self is integrated in the defined business roles (Check for BR IC_AGENT or something). SAP says you could use the IC also for ITSM, but what misses is that it is not out of the box .

Last time I spoke to an Key Account Manager from SAP he told me that the companies have to pay license fee if the want to use the IC functions.

This is my actual information about this. Hope it helps.

With some CRM customizing you should also be able to create tickets via ERMS, but if you have a talented abaper then he could do it faster.

Regards

Abosi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot Abosi,

I just found a function module: CRM_ICSS_SRVREQ_CREATE, which I hope will do what we want, with some tweaking.

Tomorrow will be a great Friday, spent writing a functional specification for above scenario, including infrastructure requirements 😃

Best Regards,

Magnus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

wlacaze
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Wences,

We built a custom class for processing incoming mails and creating Incidents and Service Requests.

For future customer implementations, it's great that SAP finally has implemented this functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it's a great Blog, what I don't understand ist why it does not show how to create Service Tickets automatically out of an email?

Regards

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

have you checked under spro-> solution manager -> customer relationship management -> interaction center webclient/ and also E-Mail Response Management System

Please check

Regards,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

I've glanced at them, but I still can't figure out where the integration between IC/ERMS and ITSM is being configured?

Also, since IC is role-based... Which roles do I need in order to use it?

using transaction CRM_IC does nothing for me, I'm still in SAP-GUI with empty menus...

BR,

Magnus