cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Carry Forward Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a small doubt, when am doing budget carry forward form one year to another year total  budget is being transferred.

For Example if my budget in 2011 is 1000rs for this period i have made actual 500rs so the remaining bal. is 500rs.

Now If i am doing budget carry forward through CJCO to 2012 then after wards if i see the CJ31 T.code for that particular project 2012 column also it is showing 1000.

My doubt is is it shows like this other wise it should show only 500rs for 2012. If it shows 1000 in 2012 the available budget is only 500rs but it is showing 1000 means the user may get confuse.

So I am requesting you people please clarify my doubt if my process is wrong please tell me correct way.

Thanks & Regards,

Srianth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

First check the Actual costs and Committed costs for your project for 2011 using CJI3 & CJI5 respectivelly and then check the CJ31.

Alternatively, you can check Budget related S_ALR reports for cross check.

Also, are you sure that, when you run CJCO, you have had un-checked the 'Test Mode' and then carried out the task.

Regards,

Sumanth

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srikanth,

Are you sure you have actual costs... or is it possible they are committed costs? If 500rs were committed for a 1000 rs budget  all budget will be transferred to the next year ( you also should transfer the commitment)

Sara

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

I would like to suggest a few things:

• Is it a CAPEX project? If yes, I don't think CJCO is preferred t-code in that case.Then you can use IM27 for this purpose.

• Is your project currency same as controlling area currency? if not, then it may be another reason for that issue.

• Check the SAP notes 23633, 118456, 142148 & 127151.

May be it can give you something.

Regards

Ankur

TrishW
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Srianth.

Our company have been doing EOY roll since 2002 and not had any project budget issues

First can I ask you to please check transaction  CJI8 to ensure that there was not any budget already in 2012 as it seems the llikely scenario

Assuming that you did not have an issue, I did ideed repeat your steps above in a test client  and then went to CJ31.  In the current budget cell there is 500 showing as budget in 2011 and 500 in 2012.  Note there was no previous budget in 2012.

Did you by any chance save the output from CJCO or record the document number?

Trish