cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to change my transdir in TMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I installed my new netweaver 2004s instance.

I want to change my transdir:

/usr/sap/trans >> /usr/sap/trans/bw

What do I have to do?

Just create /usr/sap/trans/bw in both 3 systems and change TRANSDIR parameter to /usr/sap/trans/bw in Domain Controller?

Thanks.

Filipe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi filipe,

Make sure you copy over directories in /usr/sap/trans to the new directory and also re-distribute the config if things don't work.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Don't forget about DIR_EPS_ROOT profile parameter. If you change your transport dir, EPS directory will be changed as well.

Also not sure why you mentioned three /usr/sap/trans.AFAIK if we are talking about single SAP landscape, you can have only one /usr/sap/trans in your TMS domain (if no Backup TMS domains configured)

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Filipe,

You must define the parameter TRANSDIR identically for all SAP Systems in the transport environment.

TRANSDIR specifies the name of the transport directory which must be mounted on all the computers of the transport environment and must be available there under the same name. All relevant data for a transport between any SAP Systems is stored in subdirectories of the transport directory and managed by tp

But remember, this parameter value is overridden with the value of the SAP profile parameter DIR_TRANS for all tp calls from the SAP System

Regards,

Ammey Kesarkar

<i>'Award points for useful info'</i>