i want to remove now,our budget are yearly specific

i want to know  there is there any  impact

john

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Hope you got answer to your query from above post.

But my take is that why do you want to remove budget check at PR level.

You can postpone the budget check to PO level but it wont reduce your problem of budget exceed(for which you want to remove budget check as I guess, correct me if I am wrong). You will have to face budget exceed error at next level ultimately. Scene might be more complex there.

So be careful.

Regards,

Pranav

former_member604117
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

all thanks for the reply

but few posts i have one doubt

there should not be any effect of PO budget check while removing pr budget check

since i am doing at mid year already siting commitments on PR should not have any effect.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Gokul has already suggested in his post above for your doubts.

The only effect will be that system wont give you budget exceeded error for your PR commitment (nor it will check budget at PR stage).

However, your PR commitment would eat out your allocated/available budget.

And if you don't want system to eat out budget at PR level then implement SAP note 955106 & 955107 that what Gokul has suggested.

For rest of the things system will behave as it was behaving before.

hope it is clear to you know.

NOTE: If you are not sure then you may check the behavior of the system in your testing server and yourself analyze if the system is behaving properly.

All the Best.

Regards

Ankur

former_member604117
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys

i remove the PR document check in the spro for availability check

however i couldn't make availability zero it is asking for some numeric value

when i am making PR it does not check the availability budget,but its making commitment document

what does it mean the budget consumed or not,bcz i am interested in budget consumed for me its ok if it is making commitment document but budget should not be commitment as earlier while the pr level check is there.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I hope you have checked SAP notes 955106 & 955107.

If you have made settings for not allowing budget check @PR  level then system would not give "Budget Exceeded......" error at PR though it would consume the budget and show it as commitment in S_ALR_87013558 report.

However, if you want that system should neither check budget @PR level not it should consume budget @PR level then in this case you have to implement SAP note 955106 & 955107.

Hope it is clear to you now.

Regards

Ankur

former_member604117
Participant
0 Kudos

i dont think it will consume the budget

others pls suggest.though it will show as commitment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

If notes 955106 and 955107 are implemented in your system budget will not be consumed. But it will be definitely shown as PR commitment.

Hope its clear now.

Regards,

Gokul

former_member604117
Participant
0 Kudos

i have seen 955106 is implemented not 955107.

i gone through both the notes 955107 is how to dlete the commitmnet documents automatically created.

it speaks about some devlopment

while 955106 implement that the requirement is not to consume the budget let the system create the commitment document.

should i implement 955107 or 0955106 is enough for not consuming budget

pls suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would say implement both. There is no harm in doing so.

Once you are done with this please create a test case and test it out thoroughly.

I feel everyone here has answered to your query and now its up to you to test and find out the results and share them here.

All the best.         

former_member604117
Participant
0 Kudos

hi all

when i create PO at check the budget avalable

but when i make PO with reference to PR it does not check the budget

as you know i am remove the budget check at PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I don't think its happening because you have disabled the budget check at PR. The value type for PR is 21 and that for PO is 22.

As far as i feel, the note 955106 would disable budget check for PR based on value type. Why don't you try to check this out with a new test case? I mean test this with a new project in your test system.

Regards,

Gokul

former_member604117
Participant
0 Kudos

i check with new project in test system

when i make individual PO is is gving budget exced errore

i create multipile PR and then against them made PO system not checking the budget ava.

former_member604117
Participant
0 Kudos

hi guys my problem is solved by implementing note 1307755

po with reference to po budget check problem

should i need to implement 955107 & 955106

as you all have mentioned

former_member604117
Participant
0 Kudos

should i need to implement 955107

i test few cases it works fine no commitment document at PR level and budget check is happening at PO. i have implemented 1307755.

basis guy tailing 955106 showing implemented.

Please Guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Good to know that your issue is resolved.

Yes you need to implement 955107. Don't worry, everything will work as you want it.

Regards,

Gokul

former_member604117
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks gokul

in 1307755 there are two correction

in test i applied the both correction

i want to implement only the first one,but while applying it is not giving any option how to apply only first one

has anybody come across like this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Implement the note and then manually revert the 2nd correction..Its possible.

Talk to your Basis guys to do this.

Regards,

Gokul

former_member604117
Participant
0 Kudos

manually we should no do anything

why sap did not give to choose if at all it gives two correction

or is there a way

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

SAP creates notes considering many aspects and not what an individual requires. Besides, implementing a note and then manually reverting a correction is a normal process followed by many.

As far as your question, "why sap did not give to choose if at all it gives two correction" goes...please ask SAP about it and i hope you get a fitting reply.

And who told you we should not do anything manually? I guess someone is misguiding you. Please go ahead with the suggestions posted above and i assure you there wont be any issues. Else, raise this with SAP.

Best Regards,

Gokul

former_member604117
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

all

we have applied the budget check removal notes

Now the commitment on no mere on PR hence forth.

what happen to the earlier commitment siting on the Pr

i just test some old pr in devlopement they have commitment document but when i change either value or quantity and then save and then check no commitment document  found

my query is how to return the siting commitment to budget from the PR

The standard way of reducing value and quantity will still work on earlier PR before budget check removal?

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I Think you should execute the budget availability control reconstruction to delete PR as commitment budget. ( Transaction CJBN)

Regards,

Sara

former_member604117
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

done that follow the cycle deactivate/activate/reconstruct

still old commitments are there but when i go the PR and change the value or quantity then save i get no commitment.pls suggest

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Have you executed the report   RKANBU01 after implementation?

Regards,

Sara

former_member604117
Participant
0 Kudos

ok trs code for running se38?

former_member604117
Participant
0 Kudos

i executed but the assigned value remains the same the assigned value should increase

actually what happened in client site the earlier pr before budget check removal have commitmnets so the budget get reduced since now no ore commitment on PR after check removal client wants that commitment of PR should reduce and budget avalable should be more .

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

OSS 1307755 has 2  solutions, I think you need the second one

The attachments contain two modifications (number of correction instructions):

1. 1. (1086520) -> With this modification, the commitments management is no longer processed for purchase requisitions. As a result, the system no longer writes any commitments for future purchase requisitions. However, existing commitments are not deleted or reduced either. The correction report RKANBU01does not affect the purchase requisition commitments.
  2. 2. (1086521) -> The system does not write any commitments for new purchase requisitions and existing commitments are deleted from the database due to the purchase requisitions processing or RKANBU01.

Are you sure you have implemented correction 1086521 instead of 1086520?

Regars,

Sara

former_member604117
Participant
0 Kudos

Yah , i have implemented the note while implementing the note 1307755.while implementing the note it does not ask for first or second.

former_member604117
Participant
0 Kudos

i am still waiting for answer

i run rkanbu01 but no result still old commitment are there in Pr

while change the value& quanitity and save there is no commitment on PR

but the assigned value remains the same how to get rid of commitment and increase the assigned value

former_member604117
Participant
0 Kudos

i run the report rkanbu01 in dev what i found no more commitment on older PR but the assigned value reamain  the same i want that the assigned value should reduce after commitment goes off and avalable budget increase how to do that?

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

If the error is in reporting, execute transaction CJEN to reconstruct project information.

Regards,

former_member604117
Participant
0 Kudos

error is not in reporting the query is fundamental

if i applied both the note then earlier commitment will delete and the assigned value will decrease equally due to commitment or simply delete the commitment on pr?

Requirement is it should delete the commitment and budget available should increase so that customer can take the benefit of budget check removal at Pr stage.

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

After OSS note implementation :

To delete previous commitment documents :RKANBU01

To delete the amount from the assigned value in Budget : CJBN

To fix the reports CJEN

It is not possible that the commitment document has been deleted and it is taking as budget consumed  after CJBN execution.

Are you sure that it is taking the commitment and not the plan cost?

Go to CJ31 for your project --> extras --> Availability Control -->  and check the entries that impact in budget consumed. ( check the value type, value on the right of the year...) which value type do you see.. 21?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simply Remove your tolerance limit for PR as 00:Purchase Req.  in sap standard in OPSC tcode.

then check after Reconstruct availability CO for project & Reconstruct project info database via CJBN and CJEN tcodes

Budget check only in those case where we assigned to any account like Q/P/N.in manual PR via ME51n

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Try what Ankur has mentioned in his post above and see if it helps.

In addition to this, do you never want the system to check the budget for PR in the future? Do you mean that except PR you want the system to check budget from the PO onwards? Please clarify.

If the answer to the first question is yes i would suggest you to check if notes 955106 and 955107 are implemented in your system. If these notes are implemented PR commitment will not be taken into account during availability control.

As far as i know there wont be any negative impact on the system. Only thing is budget check wont happen at the PR level and you can create a PR for any amount irrespective of the budget assigned.

Hope its clear.

Regards,

Gokul

former_member604117
Participant
0 Kudos

yah

i want to do it on Po level

and remove the budget check at pr for all kind of PR

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had the same requirement some time ago. If you change your tolerance limit for PR you will have a problem in your system because when you create a PO related to the PR there won't be AVAC.

You have 2 options :

1) Don't generate controlling document for PR ( then you won't have commitment) --> but you lost this information from controlling reports.

2) Implement changes in OSSnote 955107 : This was my solution, with this you can display PR costs in reportsbut it doesn't take account in the availability control

I hope this can be useful.

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

But while making PO you will face error which is more complex as compared to previous one.

It is better to make end user aware of budget available and get budget error solve at initial level.

Regards,

Pranav

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

In tolerance group (maintained under tolerance limits settings) remove the activity group 00: Purchase requisition -> CJEN->CJBN and check.

Impact: System won't give the budget exceeded error at PR commitment level.

NOTE: Search more about it in the forum. there are so many threads for the same requirement.

Regards

Ankur