cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling BW reports from WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We were calling BW reports from the portal (regular Java iViews) across URL's similar to this;

/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.portal.appintegrator.sap.BWReport?System=BW&Report=TEMPLATE_ID%3dZNIS_PER_KL_ALL_NO_DATES_FUEL%26FILTER_IOBJNM%3dZCUST_ST__0SALES_OFF%26FILTER_VALUE%3d0015

I've been asked to convert these Java iViews to WebDynpro's. I have all of the functionality working (selecting parameters, dynamicaly calculating the URL to call etc) but I just can't display the BW reports by calling this URL. Is it because WebDynpro's run on the J2EE engine outside of the portal meaning that the local URL that I'm using makes no sense? Is it because appIntegrator cannot be used by WebDynpro? These are a couple of ideas that I've had but I really don't know exactly why it doesn't work.

I appreciate any help you can give.

Yaniv.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have similar scenario.We have created iView for BI reports and we are calling this iView from Web Dynpro application using portal navigation.

This is working fine and we are getting selection screen of the report. But, we are not able to pass parameters to this iView. We also tried passing parameter using Application Parameters property of BW iview. We can see parameters getting passed in the URL , but these parameters are not appearing in the selection string.

Please guide me.

Thanks,

Apurva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Apurv,

Were you able to get a solution for your task. Were you able to pass the parameters to iViews and get the expected result. Can you post step by step process on how an iview (by passing parameter) can be called from BI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you resolve this? how are you embedding the BW report into webdynpro view?