Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Party Credit Memo

former_member268711
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already gone through different threads and was not able find the solution.  I have followed following process for third party return process.

1)   Third party Sale : OR > PO > GR/IR> Invocie(VF01)

2)   (MIRO)Credit > MIGO Return Delivery with reference to material document

3)    Raise credit memo G2S (billing relevance “F”)

I manage to complete the  whole process in SAP. However, Sales order status turns to open as I post the G2S after posting the credit from vendor.

Sales Order Status Overview: Invoice receipt  status -  No invoice receipt

I am trying to follow standard SAP flow for third Party return. Kindly let me know what I am missing.

Thanks,

Abdul Mehkari

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/71/b786194efc11d3963200a0c9306794/content.htm

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member268711
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had gone through the sap note 751609 before putting this post and also deliberated on using credit memo request before finding the sap help note on Third Party Credit memo(G2S)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/71/b786194efc11d3963200a0c9306794/content.htm

Although, this doesn’t address the complete third party return process.

I am not comfortable using this and may stick to credit memo request (CR). 

Thanks,

Abdul Mehkari

former_member268711
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I realized that if the credit memo is raised against the sales order, the order status should be updated to open status.  Also Step 2 above will convert the Invocie reciept qty to 0. I raised the invoice to customer earlier which turns the status of order to complete. Now, I am basically cancelling my invoice by raising the credit memo against the original order.

I had to delete the PO item to reject the sales order item(TAS) in order to close the sales order. 

I think this is how it should work. 

If anybody thinks otherwise, please leave a comment.

Thanks,

Abdul Mehkari

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no return scenario in Third Party process as for as SAP is concerned.  Check this note which explains this

• Note 751609 - Returns for third-party process (cancellation)

G. Lakshmipathi

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I realized that if the credit memo is raised against the sales order, the order status should be updated to open status.

Don't create credit memo against the third party sales order.

Create credit memo request, with reference to the billing document, then against this credit memo request create the credit memo.

Regards,