Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relationship between RESPAREA - KOSTL - PCTR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

does someone have information about relationship between these fields?. I have seen that values for RESPARE can be the same for KOSTL and PCTR. Maybe in RESPAREA relate KOSTL with Controlling Area (KOKRS)?

Thank you in advanced,

Sara.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you read the documentation on the concept for CO access?

You should do that before asking questions ideally...

There is a central SAP note which described the dependecies of the new objects (which use K_CCA, K_PCA, K_ORDER, PS objects which support it... and which legacy objects you must remove or give full access to to activate the new concept).

I suggest you do a search and then refine your question (deriving the PC and BUKRS from the KOSTL or a node is also possible, but it depends on your master data and your scenario - how much of this "donkey work" you want to automate and defer to the master data / hierarchy maintenance  -from a role admin perspective).

If you understand the requirement and the options, then it is not that difficult.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hello Julius,

There is a central SAP note which described the dependecies of the new objects

It would be great if you provide the Note Number please?

Thank you

Regards

Anil

0 Kudos

What you are looking for is SAP Note 15211.

The fact that KOSTL and PCTR are the same is co-incidence  - or at least it is not mandatory and when concatenated into the responsibility area they will have different field values as the one is type "KS" and the other is type "PC".

Therefore the best way to determine value of PCTR for a given KOSTL is programmatically. You can then also determine the BUKRS of the KOSTL. These are a powerfull set of variables which can be used in sufficient objects to easily cover your usuall Controlling, FI Profit Center and Project Systems reporting if such granularity is required.

What I do on such projects is that the throw the whole baggage over the fence to the CO and PS master maintenance team, in that the roles are generated automatically based on the master data creation and changes, automatically assigned to the "responsible person" for that master data and analog the BW Analysis Authorizations are generated and assigned as well.

All you need to do then is monitor your generation jobs and process chains, instead of doing error-prone mindless donkey work in PFCG all day long...  🙂

You can even book a SAP Education training course on how to automate this and improve other processes in authorizations admin using expert tools. See WCHXIT (unfortunately only offered in German still this year, but the docs are all in English and you could try to book it as a virtual classroom training).

Cheers,

Julius

Disclosure: Together with my team, I develop the software behind these partner solutions which SAP uses.

0 Kudos

Hello Julius,

Expertise Matters!! Yes, We are using same values for KOSTL and PCTR with manual update.

It's good know about the advanced tools for authorization.

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation.

I will try to attend WCHXIT training!

Regards

Anil Surukanti