cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous SOAP -SOAP communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am doing a synchronous soap-> PI -> soap scenario, my scenario is completed (and tested also). Now i have a requirement to catch application errors (in receiver system) as well as system error (which takes places while routing a message to receiver system due to mapping failure, receiver system is down etc) and inform back the sender application.

Please let me know how to achieve above requirement.

Regards

Vasant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can request SOAP system team to capture errors from their and send back to source application as part of response message.

capturing PI side errors you need to go for BPM and use control step.

meanwhile implement alert frame work also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for the reply.

Then what's the significance of Fault messages, i have read that FM are used to send back the application error messages from receiver system to the sender system?

Regarding PI system errors:

BPM is the only solution?

Regards!!

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you consume webservice, only if the target system supports capturing fault message due to application errors, you can use them. Basically your wsdl will have request, response and fault messages. You can use their fault messages to retrieve the application error messages.

You might want to check these links for your questions

http://scn.sap.com/people/jin.shin/blog/2007/05/21/handling-web-service-soap-fault-responses-in-sap-...

http://scn.sap.com/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2011/01/10/soap-fault-in-sap-pi-hijack-it

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you are correct.

You need BPM to capture errors but you really need BPM solution? if you interface is stable and well designed then not requiredm,implement alert frame work to receive an email.

if your customer is very specific about it then try with BPM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

Thanks.

So, if my receiver application provides Fault Message (and at the same time if my sender application is able to except that FM response) then i can use it and if not then the receiver system has to provide the application error message in the original response structure??

I guess, this will be possible in my scenario.

But my main concern is the system errors, like sync call failed due to mapping error, connectivity issues etc. I want to handle those exceptions also?

What message my sender application will get if the message failed due to connectivity issues (and there are no error handling built, just based upon your experience you can share your opinion?)

Regards!!

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. For application errors you can handle via fault message provided the target system supports it. If not, if the target system handles the application errors messages they can even create a seperate field in the response mesg structure and send it over there.  For system errors,you need to use BPM to capture the message and forward to the sender system. in addition you can use alert framework for the failed messages as Raja already mentioned

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

My client is very much specific about the error handling specifically realted to connectivity issues.

I will try for BPM option, but could you please tell me what needs to be done in the exception branch?

Customer wants that if something fails then a custom message needs to be dipslayed on the sender Web UI application (which is actually triggering the synchronous message).

Regards!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

Can you please check my second last reply?

Regards!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasant,

A few cents to Raj, i'd rather using alert configuration, more easier than to develop a BPM and you could catch some internal PI error, even to send emails, but obviously no synchronous response is generated for the call.

For alert configuration check this step by step guide: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3804

For example in this Michal Krawczyk's blog you have how to set up alerts for message mappings errors: http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

I will be implementing alert framwork (and errors will be relayed to Solman) but my main intention is to display the error message on the client web application when the reponse is not sucessful due to system errors (connectivity issues)

Regards!!