cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR 5.3 SP 18.2 - How to delete connector in Production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are looking to delete a retired/obsolete connector from our Production RAR 5.3 system. We I attempt to delete this connector from the Configuration tab, I get the following error:

Error:Cannot delete connector as there are entries related to this connector in the system

I have removed the rules associated with this connector through export/import but I still get the error when trying to delete the connector. Please note also that we do not use Logical connectors.

We are SP level 18.2. In other threads, I am seeing there is a mechanism to delete connectors described in SAP Note 1416728 https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1416728, but the note clearly states that the Manage Deletion Functionality should not be used in a Production environment. If that is truly the case, can someone kindly provide the process we should follow to delete a RAR connector in Production.

Any information or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Jes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jes,

before deleting the connector you have to take into consideration the fact that all data related to connector like functions / action and function/permission / for this connector will be deleted.

This operation can not be undone.

If you accept this go to:

Utilites/Manage deletion / Delete Systems and select the connector you would like to delete and clickt NEXT.

Let me now if this anwser your question,

FIlip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Filip,

As I stated earlier, I am aware of the Manage Deletion functionality. But the information from SAP indicates this should NOT be done in Production. But I could be misinterpreting SAP.

Are you saying it is OK to use this method in Production? Have you or others used the Manage Deletion functionality in Production in the past?

Thanks again!

Jes

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

This the only way to delete connector in SAP GRC in production. I was using this functionality on one of the projects. SAP intention was to use this functionality with extra attention.

Regards,

Filip

ps. please mark my answer accordingly if it was helpful to you.