cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete Rule Design from Rule Design list?

isaac_ariza_cruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

For testing purposes, I created one rule design with the following attributes:

• Rule Design Context: Document Lifecycle Event
  • Class: Project (1100)
  • Instance Type: Document Only
  • Document Type: Any
  • Target: Post Phase Change

Now, I need to create a document lifecycle script for the same attributes (class, instance type, document type and target). However, due to there is one rule design created with these data, it cannot be done (neither deactivating rule design).

Therefore, I need to delete this rule design, but I'm not able to do it. I've been checking SAP documentation, SAP threads, etc... and it seems there is no way to do it. Therefore, I guess it should be done directly by BASIS team but to do it I would need to know the database table, register or whatever required information to do it.

Could you please lets me know how to delete a rule design? If it shall be done by BASIS team, could you please let me know the information required by this team to execute this deletion?

Thanks in advance for the support.

Best regards,

Isaac

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

isaac_ariza_cruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, we know it can be deactivated, but even if it is deactivated, script for the same event, class, etc... cannot be created. This is the reason because we need to delete it.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isaac,

this is unfortunately limitation in the product. Once you create a rule design, it is not possible to delete them. Business Rule Design is a feature which was mainly implemented for non-technical users to create simple validaiton and business rules.

We recommend to always use Scripts over Rule Design (if you know how to script), because in the case of using Rule Design, the effect you describe is the normal behavior i.e. all classes etc can't be used.

Rule design is a very "strict" script which is can't be modified as easily as a script.

Thanks,

Armin

isaac_ariza_cruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

Thanks a lot for the informaiton. We will take it into account for further developments.

Best regards,

Isaac

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isaac,

the rule design can't be deleted, it can only be deactivated.

Could you please try that ?

Thanks,

Armin