Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Adapter "destroys" file

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

I have a problem with the FTP adapter. If i (on the PI server) use a DOS prompt to call up an ftpserver and issue a simple GET command the file is transferred ok. But if i setup the communication channel in PI to read the same file the contents are changed int some nonsens like:

öÆÈÁ@@@@@@@@@@@@@ððñòðñò`ðù`ñ÷òðñò`ðù`ñ÷                                                                                                                       @@@@@@@@@@ñõ÷÷ðøð÷óððòøøòðññ`ñð`óñ`ñðKôôKòôKõøóðóôðôòðññòðññ`ññ`òñòðññ`ññ`ðñòðññ`ññ`òøòðñò`ð÷`ðõñù`ðððððððððóóñøðð@@ððððððððððððððð@@ððððððððððððððð@@ððððððððððððððð@@ðððððððððððððððñõ÷÷ðøð÷óðññóöòðñò`ðö`ññ`ñôKóóKðõKððùñ÷ùðñòððøòððù`ðù`òñòððù`ðù`ðñòðñò`ðò`òùòðñó`ðñ`ðññõ`ðððððððððöððððð@@ððððððððððððððð@@ððððððððððððððð@@ððððððððððððððð@@ðððððððððððððððñõ÷÷ðø

Do anybody have an idea what to do? I have tried Binary mode, text mode etc but nothing helps...

Jakob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

Have you got another scenario with this adapter working correctly?

Try to reduce the problem:

1. Try with a simple file.

2. Try inside the PI to move a simple file.

With this two simple tests you will can assure that the problem is an ecoding problem or not.

Which is your PI version?

Regards.

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Problem solved... Silly me: of couse tha Filetransfer mode should be set to Text!

Thanks anyway...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

Please set the following for your file sender adapter :

1. Transfer Mode is set to Binary,

2. File Type Text,

3. Encoding ISO-8859-1( for Western European Latin ).

Best Regards,

Sagarika

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi both

No ISO-8859-1 don´t fix the problem. I kan put and get the file with DOS, but as soon as i use the PI the file is corrupted.

I´m told that the file are in ASCII. I have tryed US-ASCII (as this is the only one allowed according to doc). But problem still persist.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In comm channel change to "text" mode and specify the charecterset to "iso-8859-1" and try it should work.

Regards,

Naveen.