cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Relay Server on MacBook Pro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

Has anyone attempted to and successfully install and configure the Sybase Relay Server on a MacBook Pro (64bit) laptop.

My aim is to run a personal developer licence of SUP in a virtual machine and confiture the RSOE on the virtualised SUP server to conned to a relay server running on the host (MacBoom Pro Retina Display 64 bit).

I understand that the MacBook pro is build with a version of Apache server which has been customised for Apple and is subject to Apple updates. Therefore I have installed a separate standalone Apache server and will attempt to install and configure the relay server modules. Has anyone in the community done this before and is able to share their experiences with me provide some direction on this?

Regards

Sergio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rakshit_doshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

Are you trying to install the relay server on your laptop?

Are you aware of the prerequisites for setting up the relay server?

Are you trying to use Sybase Hosted Relay Server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I am trying to do is step through these instructions but on a MacBook Pro

Installing Relay Server on Apache

rakshit_doshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The basic requirement for a relay server is it should lie in the DMZ zone and should have a public ip to access it from outside world.

Does you laptop satisfy the above requirement.I guess not.

Its advisable to set up a relay server on the virtual machine in a DMZ zone and then map the local ip to public ip and open particular ports like80, 443, 5001 and 2480 and establish port mappings as well.

Hope this is helpful to you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rakshit,

Of course a laptop is not a DMZ!!!

This is not a productive environment. I am experimenting with setting up a pre-sales demonstrable laptop for showcasing SUP. And yes, I know I can create a nat policy to forward replication, messaging, administration and SCC ports on the host, however, this is not the approach I want to take.