cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBL Authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to setup the PS authorization that the person should be able to edit project, release project etc etc.... but i want to restrict him to set status to FNBL... how can we do this?

Warm Regards,

Jatinder

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jatinder,

I think for such controls User Status configuration is the best and most prefered approach. You may search more about it in this forum and you will find the way.

useful t-codes: OK02, BS52

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thank you for the quick update.

FNBL is a system status and not user status, so i think OK02 will not help here??

Warm Regards,

Jatinder Bansal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatindar,

As you said FNBL is system status and set automatically when you when final billing done.

What you want to do here, can you elablorate please.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Somehow even when final billing is done in my system FNBL is ot getting updated automaticallly.

So we are manually setting the project status to FNBL when final billing is done, and i want to maintain authorization so that only few people are able to set/reset this system status.

Regards,

Jatinder Bansal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with your Basis team for authorization objects, you can use FNBL as user status.

I guess user status B_USERSTAT must be helpful to you set and undo the FNBL status.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sudhakar,

B_USRSTATUS seems to be for authorization on user status, but i want authorizatiopn control on system status, is this possible?

Regards,

Jatinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatindar,

Thats what I said, that is for user status. I don't think we can manually change System statuses in the system.

Check with your basis team in order to get authorization object for system status FNBL.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatinder,

You will control authorisation of user status and that user status will in turn set/reset system status.

Regards

Shrikant

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jatinder,

I think you need to create a status profile with these user status :

INIC ( initial status): here you should forbide operation 'Activate final billing doc' ( everybody can set this statu)

FBNL : here you should select 'Activate final billing doc.' --> set automatically --> not everybody can set this status you need control this creating a authorization code  and send this authorization code to your authorizations team to add in the role.

Regards,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sara,

Thank you for the update.

I created a user status FNBL, and for business transaction Activate final billing doc. i selected Influence ALLOWED and next action as SET, i now expect when i set this user status for a WBS element system should automatically set the system status FNBL?? but it is not happening?

Regards,

Jatinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sara,

Thank you for the update.

I created a user status FNBL, and for business transaction Activate final billing doc. i selected Influence ALLOWED and next action as SET, i now expect when i set this user status for a WBS element system should automatically set the system status FNBL?? but it is not happening?

Regards,

Jatinder

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you need to help of basis guys for any kind of authorization in business transaction.

Are you checking this on existing project or new one, after any changes it would work on new one project.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatinder,

I was confused - you cant set system status based on user status. You can set user status based on business transactions. You have these options to address requirement:

1. Schedule program RKPSYNCSTAT in background

2. Create Z auth object, create role and assign to reqd users. Then in BADI Workbreakdown_update when FNBL is set code will check for Z auth object in user profile.

Regards

Shrikant