cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SSO possible with MII 12.2.3 using JRA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you please tell me whether SSO possible with JRA connection.?  i want  to update some value to SAP R/3 via Update BAPI in BLT . User id of the person be passed to SAP R/3 and should get updated. Its happening well with JCO connection.  will it happen with JRA connection ??  i cannot find any parameter like LoginName, Password to map  with JRA setup. Kindly advice me on this .

Regards,

Annamalai.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annamalai,

Sorry for the late reply.

JRA have to such default parameter like SAPUserName and SAPSSOTicket etc. these are provided in in JCO for SSO.

If ABAP people can provide you custom BAPI with custom field like User Name then you will get them in request. and you can then put the value of illumlogin name there in the request xml.

regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annamalai,

I don't think SSO is possible with JRA. It is done perfectly with JCO.

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suman  for your response .

if you say assertively i will be happy. Does it mean a bug with JRA ?  how can we conclude who has updated certain stuff  from MII to R/3 ??

Regards,

Annamalai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Annamalai, I think its not a bug. This functionality is not available for JRA.

If you have to update the user ID to ECC, you can get it by IllumLoginName from the session variable and then you can pass it to the input parameter of the BAPI.

Hope it will help.

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

oh thats fine.!  Need to explore more on IllumLoginName then ,as i never tried updating via session variable.  if you have any stuff  regarding the session variable kindly share it .

Thanks & Regards,

Annamalai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annamalai,

To get the IllumLoginName, 1st you have to define that in the IRPT,

<input type="hidden" id="LoginName" value="{IllumLoginName}"/>

Then you have to pass it to the Xacute query through the JS in the below format,

document.iCommand.getQueryObject().setParam(int, "LoginName")

where "iCommand" will be the applet name, and "int" will be the input parameter number.

by this you can pass the current user name to the input transaction variable of the BLS where you call the BAPI.

But here have two important points,

1) By using IllumLoginName you will only get the User Name from the session, not the password.

2) If this one is a back end process where no UI interaction happens, Then IllumLoginName will NOT work.

Then you have only one way, you have to pass any fixed user id and password to the BAPI.

Hope it will help you.

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suman . Let me try this and update you .

Regards,

Annamalai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Sorry Suman for the delay . As i was working on different system.

i have tried  applying your logic  i can get the username (i.e UserID  from scheduling screen by IllumLoginName) but not able to map with BAPI parameter.

While using JRA- BAPI combination see the below screenshot,

Where as with JCO-BAPI Combination i can map like below

Why i'm not getting any attributes like SAPUserName ,SAPSSOTicket etc., in JRA -BAPI

For me it is must to use JRA BAPI,  hence i need SAPUserName like parameter to map with. Otherwise how  can i update UserID to R/3.

Kindly share your info. on this.

Regards,

Annamalai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Any one can help on this ??

Regards,

Annamalai.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Annamalai,

I am by no means a JRA expert, but there have been many posts of the last few years on this subject.  JRA is the means by which you distribute loads across multiple servers.  I remember that you could not use SSO with JRA connectors in MII, but could do it with JCo.  However, you could not load level with JCo as it was a single instance signon. 

As I said, I am not an expert in this area.  Please review the postings going back several years.  It may help you find a suitable solution for your situation.

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

Thank you so much for your response. Yes doing research on JRA -User ID update with R/3.

Regards,

Annamalai.