cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Use Cases

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello community.

At the moment I am writing my Bachelor-Thesis about "SAP HANA" in cooperation with an company (Automotive).

So far I have an idea / structure, about what I would like to write in the theoretical-part in my Thesis.

What I am actually searching for:

Could you give me some tips / use cases about which topic I could write in the practical part of my thesis ?

At the beginning of my thesis, I wanted to write about the "SAP HANA Applications" and which of these applications might be useful for our company.....but now I recognized, that there isn't much stuff/information material available about the "SAP HANA Applications"..

Best Regards,

Union

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Union,

I suggest you search the blogs and documents within this community group as their are bond to be use cases outlined and discussed there. Also for HANA applications you can review the following:

Explore Experience SAP HANA for demos and details on applications powered by SAP HANA. This is especially helpful for those implementing HANA - existing SAP customers can actively engage with SAP product experts, share best-practices, and offer tips and guidelines directly to fellow implementers.

SAP like to use the retail industry as a primary example of how HANA can be applied to help transform business. EG they often give the example of a point of sale (POS) trigger which can leveraged to improve customer service and marketing. EG you go to your favorite store and buy your favorite pair of jeans. Usually the till person will ask you if you want to sign up for a store card to gain credit etc. But with HANA and its in-memory capability to access detailed data faster it would now be possible for the same store to read millions of data and retrieve detailed information specifically about you all within one transaction. EG the person at the till could now say something like "I see you have bought these same pair of jeans before, i can offer you a discount on them today". In this way HANA can give retail the ability to directly market to individuals to better attract their loyalty and pocketbook. Current databases store state is a much less accesable way in order to retrieve this real time sort of data return. In this way HANA is extremely exciting.

Currently the main benefits buisness's are seeing from my experience are in their reporting. The heads of business can generate ad hoc and much fast reporting in order to see their data and help make informed business decisions much quicker. A lot of customers are used to waiting for data to load from disk to memory, but with HANA it can be available now.

Hope this helps some. Good luck with your research. There is a lot of content available if you search for it.

Kind regards,

Danielle

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The best resource on SAP HANA would be the official HANA Book.  The link for ibooks and pdf versions are as below:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/sap-hana-essentials/id534276287?mt=11

http://www.saphanabook.com

Below website is also a good and ultimate source of info that will be helpful in your thesis.

http://www.experiencesaphana.com/community/resources

Also, please check with the SAP University Alliance team in your university and they can guide you more.

Thanks

Kapil Sharma

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is also the recently released SAP Press book on HANA:

http://www.sap-press.com/products/SAP-HANA%3A-An-Introduction.html

I can't comment on which one is better though.

I'd say get both and decide yourself. 😉

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Max:

Use the below link to look at all possible use cases officially published by SAP and then pick the ones of your interest.

Ensoy!

http://www.experiencesaphana.com/community/resources?space=2050&type=&cat=&selectedTabs=0

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

You can study use case for "UTILITY", you will find so many topics in Utility say example electricity, water to name few....

Regards,

Ravinder Singh

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi User,

Couple of use cases I can think of are as follows:

• Inventory Management:
    • Stock availability (snapshot of the On Hand Stock Quantity). Generally this is implemented using Non Cumulative KF concept in BW, but HANA can provide simplified alternative using the Transactional behavior of the database.
    • Shelf stock replenishment: This needs quite complex business logic implementation due to various factors like stock availability, replenishment cycle lead time, sales behavior / pattern etc.
  • Customer relationship Management
  • Sales prediction
  • Promotion and campaign analysis

You can pick up couple of use cases and analyze how the relational capability of HANA can simplify the IT process and provide efficient reporting capabilities.

Regards,

Ravi