cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the delta gets handled with slt and what happens to the historical info

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i am using SLT or BODS to replicate data to teh respective tables on Hanadb,

How does the delta gets handled with slt or bods and what happens to the historical info.

Meaning if i have mara table in hana database schema, if a particular record is modified 10 times, will i have 10 rows in hana db table for mara?

or just one row with the last active current values?

In BW we have Active data and change log data.

Thanks for the helpful info.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For BO DS:

BO DS uses key fields for this. It is based on key values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guy,

The following thread is useful in respect to load and replication features of SLT in HANA

http://scn.sap.com/message/13401377

As for a more direct answer to your question SLT effectively maintains the delta mechanism and thus in your table you see the current version of the truth in HANA. To get a transaction history of all changes I believe you could create a custom history type table in HANA or put a time stamp column on the table through the integration method.

"Replication mode" - replication mode is used when user wants to see its data real time , in simple terms , replication will put triggers in ur source system and change log table in ur SLT system. As , the entry is created in your source system the triggers will automatically put values in your change log table & delta will pickup those enteries from changelog table into HANA database. this is hw ur replication works , in which you can see near real time data flow.

Kind regards,

Danielle