cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR dump triggering in BI system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are facing a database error issue in our  BI production system. can you please find the below ST22 - ABAP dump error details.

Runtime Errors        DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR

Exception              CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB

User and Transaction

Client.............. 100

User................ "BWREMOTE"

Language Key........ "O"

Transaction......... " "

Transactions ID..... "505BD76BC3A2010EE10080000AFC4286"

Information on where terminated
    Termination occurred in the ABAP program "SAPLRRHI" - in "HIEDIR_SVER_DELETE".
    The main program was "SAPMSSY1 ".

In the source code you have the termination point in line 101
    of the (Include) program "LRRHIF00".
    The termination is caused because exception "CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB" occurred in
    procedure "HIEDIR_SVER_DELETE" "(FORM)", but it was neither handled locally nor
    declared
    in the RAISING clause of its signature.

The procedure is in program "SAPLRRHI "; its source code begins in line
    97 of the (Include program "LRRHIF00 ".

SM21 logs.

Time    Type Nr  Clt User      TCode Priority Grp N Text

20:36:43 DIA  001 100 BWREMOTE                BY  O Deadlock occurred
20:36:44 DIA  001 100 BWREMOTE                BY  4 Database error -911 at DEL access to table RSRHIEDIR_
20:36:44 DIA  001 100 BWREMOTE                BY  0 > SQL0911N The current transaction has been rolled back
20:36:44 DIA  001 100 BWREMOTE                BY  0 > because of a deadlock or timeout. Reason code "2".
20:36:44 DIA  001 100 BWREMOTE                BY  0 > SQLSTATE=40001 row=1
20:36:45 DIA  001 100 BWREMOTE                AB  0 Run-time error "DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR" occurred
20:36:45 DIA  001 100 BWREMOTE                AB  1 > Short dump "120923 203645 dap-dof-bw01_BP1_10 BWREMOTE " created

Can you please help me, what are the necessary actions , we need to perform to solve this issue.

regards,

balaram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaram,

Is your issue resolved?

BR

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

last two days , we didn't get this dump , no action taken. still monitoring the system.

regards,

balaram

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaram,

That's a good news...

This will be an intermittent issue as far as my experience on this issue is concerned.

You may or may not encounter this issue in future depending on the memory space/work process availability/deadlocks happening on DB.

Anyway, it's good that no errors for you now.

Thanks.

BR

Ankur

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaram,

Try the following:

1. Try running Tcode RSRV & analyze.

2. Check if there are any parallel loads running into cube or see if anything like Roll Up or compression operations are happening at time of your load for the same cube.

3. If you are loading an infocube & you get this error, try loading the infocube by dropping the index & then you can re-create the indexes.

4.  If its a recurring issue : Import/export the F-table parameters and increase the table space.

This shall fix your issue.

Reward if useful.

Thanks

BR

Ankur

Frank-Martin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the error above is a deadlock ( SQL0911 Reason Code 2 ). It may be caused by bad application programming, a lock escalation, bad DB parameter settings ... .  More information is needed to analyse the cause of the deadlock.    

If the problem is reproducable as a first step you can try collection more date using db6util ( see note 327595 ).

Regards

Frank

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello balaram,

I faced the same error but in APO system.

The best way to resolve them is to post this issue to your BASIS/DB team who shall update the DB with some database specific SAP Patches/Notes which shall fix the error.

Also, there is no hard & fast rule on the condition on which this error occurs.

It can be due to less availability of free work processes to handle the queries to DB also.

There are couple of SAP notes which can be applied by the BASIS/DB team.

Hope it helps!

Reward if useful.

Thanks

BR

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thank for your reply , i am the techical BASIS  guy, there is no patching is going on in the system.

regards,

balaram

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Balaram,

Could you please explain as to what do you exactly mean by "there is no patching is going on in the system"?

You may additionally try the following:

• You could check the memory space on DB using Tcode DB02 to see if there are memory issues.
  • Check SAP  Note 1379839 - RuntimeError DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR Exception CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB.
  • Check for any stuck work processes (LUW in SM58).

Do the analysis on the above points to see if you can conclude some solution.

Thanks

BR

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thanks for your reply. i have checked SM58 , there is no struck work process, but i have seen below mentined tRFC getting error , while accessing SQL table

BWREMOTE     RRHI_OLD_HIEDIR_ENTRIES_DELETE NONE                             23.09.2012 20:36:45 SQL error in the database when accessing a table.

any hint ?

regard,

balaram

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaram,

This error is coming while a job is run or while accessing any transaction code?

Also, try to re-run the job/tcode after some time to see if the memory refreshes & gives you error free results..

Also let me know if this error comes repeatedly or is it intermittent?

You will need to send me the dump, as the error you sent is from the dump so will have to analyze it & then we can conclude some solution.

You can also check for stuck queues in trfc.

BR

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

I have attached the dump text file . can you please check the attachment.

regards,

balaram

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaram,

I shall analyze the issue with the dump, meanwhile could you perform some analysis as mentioned by me & Frank in his reply.

I shall get back to you with my analysis, however meanwhile also provide me info I asked for in my reply which should help me analyze the issue better.

Could you please provide the info I asked for??

Thanks

BR

Ankur