cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail on SC approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Requirement is to send a mail to the approver once he approves a shopping cart.

Any help please?

thanks,

Varuna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varuna,

You can find further information here: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/CgaYDw

Cheers,

Melina

PS.: If this helps you, please assign the concerning SDN points

ravindra_mantri2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Varuna,

One standard option is available to trigger email post shopping cart approval.

Please check Settings in SPRO for the "Event Schema" in Approval_Process_Doc_Approved >>Approval_Result_Notific_new.

For "Recipient of Events" for Approved shopping cart >> contact Person.

But there is one catch here i.e. notifications will not trigger until entire approval process is completed and in case you need to generate emails after every approver actions, then refer to SAP Note 1395980.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

thanks for your replies..i have done that through a custom FM.

Now i have another query: In SRM->purchasing->overview, we get the list of all SCs and we can approve them from there. I need to make the similar change here, but i am not sure where the source code of approve button is written.

Does anyone have any idea?

thanks in advance,

Varuna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varuna,

You mean to ask that in Universal Worklist Approver gets buttons Approve, Reject etc? If you have already defined Custom FM to check if workitem is completed by approver to trigger notification then that should also cover part from Universal worklist.

Thank you

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varuna,

I am little confused, You want to send approver email once he / she approves the cart that he/she approved the particular cart?

You can build the custom report for the same as this is very unique requirement and there is no standard feature available.

Thank you

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

I know its a unique requirement, but thats how customer wants it.

Since approval takes few seconds to process, so he wants a mail in his inbox stating that the SC has been approved.

Do u have some idea how to proceed with it.

thanks in advance,

Varuna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varuna,
As Ravi explained,you coluld use te standard notficatins which will send an email to approvers that the shopping cart has been approved but that will be at the end of the complete approval of the cart.

If you need to trigger the email after each approval to the respective approvers,you might have to use a cstom report may be scheduled every 15 min to send the emails for all partially and completely approved carts.