cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Component Allocation Strategy - Impact on existing Production Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus:

I have  a production order that was processed in a existing routing/operation (Routing.A) set in CA03.
Then we want to create a new set of operations(Routing.B) because we changed our control points.
Along with this we want to allocate the components under the operations. However some components need to be assigned in 2 or more operations.

Below is one suggestion:

You define material as many time in bom as you want to allocate to the operation suppose take an example.You want to assign 1000Nos  screw qty in bom then don't assign it in one time , assign Screw -100  ten times in a bom = 1000 qty if you want assign it to 10 operation .

i have tried and this is possible in CA01 setup.

however when i see the BOM for the previous routing (Routing.A) it was also affected. Will this will affect the previous production orders created? And will the suggestion above have any impact in terms of confirmation for a new Production Order?

Thanks and Best Regards!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ching,

Unless you read the master data again, any existing PP orders shouldn't be affected by such changes.

For newly created PP orders, I don't see any issue during confirmation.

Best regards,

Tiemin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tiemin,

Correct me if i am wrong, once the Order is already Released the master data will not be updated anymore? If not, what action will trigger to read the master data again?

Thanks a lot!

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ching,

No, it won't. However you can use menu: Functions-> Read PP master data.

I hope this helps.

Answers (0)