cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete all entries in SMQ2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I've got an interfase that loads some info into XI to pull it to R3 every ten minutes... Months ago, the system had some problem and two messages failed, and 2 inbound queues got stuck. When that happened, there was no XI responsible person here at this project, and I've arrived here a month ago. Now, these queues are stuck with thousand messages, and I need to delete all of them, since if I delete just the messages that failed, the queue would start to process all the following messages and that will cause many problems in R3. I see no 'multiple selection' option to select all messages, and I was wondering if there is any way of deleting all messages at one time, or if I need to say to my boss that the next two weeks I'll be deleting those messages one by one

Any hints?

Thanks in advance!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

The following link may be helpful for you.

http://scn.sap.com/message/13545475#13545475.

If you delete the QRFC entry (Which you can do by delleting the entry in SMQ2) then you create an inconsistency that can not be resolved.

Deletion of entries from SMQ2 is absolutely wrong. This should never be done under any cirumstances.

If you need to remove a queue entry because it is blocking the following messages,then you should use the function 'save LUW' in SMQ2 and not delete.

This will temporarily remove the entry from SMQ2 and it will now be visible in SMQ3.
After the problem with this LUW has been resolved you can restore the entry from SMQ3 back into SMQ2 for further processing.

Best Regards,

Sagarika Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagarika,

If I save the messages that failed, the queue would start processing the following messages and that's a serious problems, since those messages are dated months ago and that info it's probably been updated by come message that reached successfully R3 getting through other queue that's not stopped. These messages are updating some info in SAP every 10 minutes, and they are redundant, the messages that are entering NOW in that queue have got the info that is correct, so if I delete the whole queue and release those queues, the messages that would enter will not cause any bad (instead of the stucked ones, that might have some old info).

Do you see my point?

Cheers,

Edu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edu,

In this case you can delete your messge from the queue, it will not create any inconcistancy.

Go to txn:SMQ2,you can press F5 (or Edit -->Select All) and then click on Delete Icon.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Sagarika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagarika,

As soon as I've got the authorization I'll delete the whole queue, by now it isn't a serious problem, but as new interfases along with the increasing load of info are released two inbound queues absolutely stopped might cause some issues with the system perfomance. Thanks for your reply!

Cheers,

Edu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I've seen searching the scn discussions, that I can select the two queues at SMQ2 and click the 'trash bin' icon and that would erase all the queue. Hope that works.

Cheers to all, sorry for the autoanswered question, guess I need a coffee. Mondays are hard days, specially monday mornings!